Norm Chow FIRED

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by OswegoTitan41, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it'll be nice to have Heimi back ... I miss the cute name

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

To answer the question i would say the first guy is chinese and the second japanese but it is entirely possible either one is chinese or japanese. Who cares?

I'm not reaming a bigot for quessing wrong i'm reaming the bigot for lumping people together based on some stupid premise that came from ignorance. Since half the world's population is Asian they are not all alike though an ignorant bigot may feel they all all look alike to him.

Mr Morioto also?
    [​IMG]

3. reo

reo Starter

ok that was funny... lol :)

and to the guy that suggested Martz... Yeah lets sign Martz and then trade for Roy Williams. I'm sure that would just make his day lol *saracasm*

4. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

Didnt Martz already sign with San Fran? Billick being the OC under Fisher, i would roll over laughing and probly piss myself. I could see Fisher abusing the hell out of Billick.

5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

yeah Martz is with San Fran now...

Billick will probably land a gig in the NFC

6. pacattack

pacattack Guest

I knew when I heard this it'd make a bunch of people happy (count me as one of them) but I don't think it totally was Chow's fault even though, I did think he was conservative as hell. We still need tight ends and wide outs that can actually catch and maybe turn in some big plays as well.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

FYI, there is a new thread now going on Heimerdinger. It would be difficult to move all related posts from here to there so we'll pick up discussions on him in that thread.

8. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

your right he did..he did well in 04 filling in for mcnair but the thing that stands out in my mine from the 04 season was our record which was 5-11.. their are plenty of back up qb's that have performed well when the starting qb goes down and they are called opon to fill in.. but when a team decides to make them the starter they fail miserably. the list is long trust me.. the bottom line is volek does not have what it takes to be a full time starter in this league never has and never will. a couple of meaningless records yes but a sucessfull nfl starter never

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

This is what I don't understand about all you chuckers that wanted Chow fired. He wasn't exactly given a beautiful piece of work to work with in Vince Young, maybe if you want to run a college offense. I hear all you guys say that Chow didn't play or use Vince and his strengths; if you guys don't remember, Vince has been playing on one leg for at least half the season so he can't exactly run around and play streetball like usual. This was an excellent opportunity for Vince to learn how to play the QB position from inside the pocket, because, remember that Vince Young is only one knee injury away from being the next Charlie Ward. I would love to see Vince and the Titans be successful running the spread option, however I doubt that sort of offense can be successful in the NFL and I worry that it will only shorten the career and development of Vince Young and the Titans. I want Vince and the Titans to be strong in ten years, if we get what you all want in the spread option, he will be wheeled around like Earl Campbell in 8 years and we will be rebuilding again.

All I'm saying is that for some reason Chow gets all the blame for a 2nd year QB that was downright terrible and also playing on one leg, how does that make any sense.....not to mention the fact that his STAND-UP HEAD COACH didn't have the balls to tell him to his face that he was being fired? good job in the LEADERSHIP department JEFF FISHER, I hope you emailed him a handshake and thanked him for being a bigger man and taking the grenade for you. chump

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Everyone knows one is the LW Hole-0 Dive, wonder what was on the other two sheets of paper???

probably a college directory and a road map to the pacific coast - just my guess

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar