Norm Chow FIRED

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by OswegoTitan41, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Jacksonville featured six new coaches this year, including OC.

If a new OC can get Young and his WR's on the same page, we'll be fine. I'm not saying that he has turn them into Brady and Moss, but at least have an idea of how the play is suppose to develop. Right now, we have wide receivers sitting down when Young is thinking go, and we have wide receivers running right when Young is thinking left.

2. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

I know, but my point is after the first season they tend to dwindle. I don't think the chargers will be as good next year, nor the cowboys.

Like TJ asked, "Did those teams make dramatic changes to their systems? That's what I'm talking about. I really don't know except for the Raiders where they didn't and Gruden ate their lunch."
    I don't think they change much, because you want to keep it going till you get settled in. If If you play your old team and they hadn't changed, then you already know what to do.

No one has been successful in Chow's offense here, We've went downhill since he came.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

FYI. Titans offense under Dinger:

2000 - 14th
    2001 - 8th
    2002 - 17th (injuries galore)
    2003 - 8th
    2004 - 11th

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I think a new OC can step right in and get the job done. Fisher has been here forever, our o-line coach has been here forever. No problem.

Not really fair to compare dinger to chow since dinger had steve mcnair in his absolute prime years.. He also had mason in his best years..

5. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

and with Chow?

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

My big beef with Chow was not attacking the EZ directly. I'm not saying I want bombs dropping from the 50. I'm saying, like the PO loss in SD for instance, when inside the 20 the occasional pass that is directed INTO the EZ instead of under the LBs would possibly increase the chances of actually having a TD pass - I'm just sayin' is all

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I agree with Roll, I don't see this as a big hurdle. Fisher is here, the o-line coach is still here, the playbook will probably stay somewhat similar.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

2005: 17th
    2006: 27th
    2007: 21st

Like Tide said, Dinger had McNair in his prime. He had Eddie in his best season.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

bout time. who do we go after now?

10. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Thank God!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar