Norm Chow drinks the Vince Young Kool-Aid

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Go Down, Moses, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

John Gruden, who coached Randall, admitted he really had no idea what to do with him, and didn't try to make him learn the skills to be a pocket QB. Chow will let Vince do what he does best, but at the same time make him develop into a "pocket QB" just so he can beat you in whatever manner it takes.

2. ico4498

ico4498 Guest

i don't think it's a "paradigm shift" or 'cause he's the first person under the sun with that skill set. (i agree he's unique tho') ...

the evolution of the modern QB has been pretty gradual, these days many coaches appreciate the added dimension that an athletic QB can lend to an offense.

the perfect blend of the old and new talents with an offense designed to maximize those talents ... that is still to be realized.

3. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Guys, the remark about Chow calling the run was a joke, just like about Texas's OC calling the game-winning run in the Rose Bowl on 4th down. Texas has had a joke of a coach at OC for a decade now. Vince made him look brilliant, and he won the Broyles award, mostly for "calling" plays like that run. Pretty laughable.

Chow is, of course, a good OC, but Vince's improvisation makes everyone look better, whether they deserve credit on the play or not. Including the OL.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

now we are getting technical.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Elway wasn't exactly a statue you know.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No, he was a helicoptor

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

And all quarterbacks are "athletic." If not, they wouldn't be "athletes."

That was a point that just begged to be stated.

8. ico4498

ico4498 Guest

i concur ... the phrase wasn't coined by me. or as Shaggy would say, "it wasn't me."

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Vince needs to thank Jonathan Scott for being such an over-rated LT because he got destroyed on that 4th down play in the Rose Bowl which is what flushed VY out of the pocket.

I totally think that we have to continue to invest in our OLINE. If the defense has to respect our RB then it really opens things up for VY in terms of both running and passing. Also a great OLINE can make an avg. RB look good. I sure hope some of our cap money or a 1st day draft pick is OLINE.

10. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

We would never draft an O lineman very high, maybe 3rd round at best. We have the 32nd ranked defense in the NFL, I think you can guess where our draft picks are going.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar