*Non Spoiler* Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows *Non Spoiler*

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

:werd:

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

comparing a sports record that isn't possessively owned by anyone to a work of fiction is apples to oranges. Completely different.

No one holds the rights to the baseball homerun record. Rowling owns the rights to Harry Potter.

urr what?

There are no loopholes. Harry Potter is a trademarked name owned by Rowling, no one else can use it without her express permission. It's how Copyright and Trademark law works in simple terms. Rowling has closed the series and that is that.

From Bonds to Godzilla. Ok.

Why is it likely?

It is, in fact, quite the opposite of likely.

Star Wars is in fact 9 stories/scripts that Lucas made. And regardless they were still part of the original story.
    Any further Harry Potters will obviously not be part of the original story.

Is it? Must explain the overwhelming criticism Lucas has gotten for doing 1 - 3.

Harry Potter is finished and that is that. Rowling said so herself, she has enough money, and she is moving on with other books.

3. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

its an analogy, i thought any third grade mind could understand it...

you tell me???

my uncle is a lawyer, and he tells me about loopholes and deals that can be worked out, i think ill believe my uncles Notre Dame and Harvord Knowladge over you, aside from that, rowling isnt going to turn down a butt load of money for all you harry potter geeks out there. Copyright and trademark law isnt set and stone commandments wrote by god.
    its highly likely because Harry potter is a jackpot for money, im not saying they need to add on books to the series, but re-writing the movies and showing them how they should have been showed, thats $$$ in the bank buddy.
    Starwars 4 5 and 6 originally came out 1 2 and 3, but they were such blockbusters, they added on. whos to say they couldnt make a prequel to the harry potter series, or even a sequel, where they are out of school?

4. Gunny is correct.

Rowling has all the rights and clearly isn't going to sell them.

5. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

did you just get off the phone with rowling???

6. No, it's blatantly obvious...

7. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

w/e

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Oh i'm sorry, I only notice good analogies. Not a poor comparison of one thing that is possessively owned while the other is a statistic.

You said it.

I don't say loopholes and deals can't be worked out. I just say they won't. The only possible way Harry Potter can be written by someone else is if Rowling sells the rights or gives consent.
    Harry Potter, Hogwarts, et al are protected by Copyright and Trademark law and without Rowlings consent it is not going to happen.

You do that. Though if you get him to read this he will agree with me...that is if he is a good lawyer.

Rowling is a billionaire, she doesn't need more money.
    And more importantly, Rowling said herself she doesn't want the series to continue. The ending of the book proved that. Her own comments prove that.

Harry Potter is done.

Poor English aside, Copyright law and Trademark law is set in stone. No one can touch the Harry Potter name without Rowling's ok.

Yes, all those poor reviews and high grossing movies are really slowing the series down. (Yes that was sarcasm).
    There's still two more movies to come and they won't be re-doing them anytime soon, if ever.

And again, 1,2 and 3 were already planned. As are 7, 8 and 9. If he ever choses to make those into films (and he has said he won't.)
    If it was about money, the last three would already be in production. But they aren't. And may never be.

Maybe for the greedy money is what makes the world go round but some people prefer to keep it lovable and not turned into a joke.

Probably anyone with a brain would say that. Oh and Rowling, though apparently you cannot comprehend that.

Harry didn't know he was a wizard until the first book.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Run out of 'analogies'?

10. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

no we are just arguing over something i could care less about....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar