Nobody is getting fired (Bud speaks on VY/Fisher)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

While I like what Bud said, it really won't fix the underlying tension and hard feelings both of these two individuals have for one another. Fish feels like he's been forced to work with a situation he never really wanted any part in to begin with, and Vince feels he's not being respected. Both are acting pretty childish if you break it all down to it's core. If Vince is done thanks to the thumb injury, Fish yet again gets a pass until next year, if Vince is OK to play but Fish stands by his public declaration that Vince is no longer the starter, Bud might possibly interject once again, and Fish will be force fed a problem he doesn't want to deal with yet again. It's a lose lose deal no matter how you look at it if you ask me.

The crazy thing is we are only one game out of the divisional lead and could still easily make the playoffs, that is if we could fix the myriad of other issues that plague this team above and beyond the power struggle between Fish and Vince. I don't see it happening with Rusty or Collins at QB, so I won't be holding my breathe at any point hoping we pull some sort of miraculous turnaround heading down the home stretch...

Really have to admit I had hoped that Fisher would have been fired today... Not ceratin at all that Vince is the answer here, but almost positive Fisher is not going to bring a championship to Nashville with his style of coaching and coaching philosophy, the game and the style of play any longer is passing him by.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

You've already started 3 threads (last I checked) on this topic and there's another one TJ made. Plus you already put the link in one of the other threads.

3. TxTitansFan

TxTitansFan Camp Fodder

Yup, you're right, hiring Fisher since day 1, has been the downfall. I mean, Fisher has a worse overall record than Wade Phillips.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

dbc loves getting a reaction out of you. Ignore him.

5. amy

amy Starter

got to agree with that. I bet if any subordinate of Bud's talked to him the way Vince talked to Fisher, he would have his head on a platter. Ah well, the rest of the season should be interesting!

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

" if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice ! "

7. CollinsQB

CollinsQB Rookie

They need to meet halfway and realize we have a shot here, both want the same thing...to win...both kind of acted like babies and the old man told them to work it out so that HAVE to work hard.

8. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

No but he'll play hard for himself and his teammates. Do you think he was playing hard for Fisher so far this season. Players can be motivated by their coaches but they don't play for their coaches.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah, but this isn't about the two of us disagreeing on VY or something. It's about him junking up the forums with a million threads about the same freaking article. It makes the forum discussions harder to keep track of because instead of everything being in one thread it's spread out over five.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

51 years is a long time in ANY profession, much less the tumultous world of pro football. There is no substitute for experience. The statements and answers were solid on Adams part. Color me impressed with him- I honestly thought is had to be a press release until I read it was a phone interview.

I think it is the right decision to endorse Fisher as the coach for at least the rest of the season. I disagree with the decision on VY because he has had a history of doing this- I believe we'll see Vince act in a similar fashion in the future. I don't like the tone it sets for the rest of the team to realize a player can walk out of a team meeting in an insubordinate fashion and not have serious repurcussions. I'm still interested to see if he is put on IR or not.

I imagine we will see Vince's best game ever if he starting in Houston.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar