No vet QB according to Fisher

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Maybe Fisher is feeling the pressure and knows that without Vince in, his job is all but gone? If Billy were to get injured or fail miserably.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Point taken but Fisher is on record saying that the ideal situation is to sit a rookie QB their first season. All we heard leading up to the draft was how Young would need one (if not two) full seasons to develop before you make him the #1.

Now, we have Fisher ready to put him in without hesitation before Young plays a preseason game against scrubs.

I've said it before and stand by my belief that the worst thing the Titans can do to Young is rush him before he is ready. If Volek goes down, I am on the horn bringing in a vet.

3. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Oh I understand, I'm just trying to keep cool after hearing all that VY bashing on other boards. They act like he's Akili Smith and Andre Ware rolled into one... I agree, it may be a good idea to bring in a vet, but no Kerry Collins please :winker:

4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Have you seen any interviews of old #1 leading up to his HOF induction. The man looks like he could still play. I'm just sayin' is all... he he he :)

5. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

[​IMG]

He seems to have plenty of game left in him :brow:

6. Brian

Brian Big Fan

As I've said from the beginning, barring injury the first six games are Volek's.

4-2 gets him another week, and we go from there.

7. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Hey! Sometimes an old dawg is a new trick!

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think 2-4 might even get him another week, and 3-3 definitely would. The opening schedule is brutal.

9. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Where is his left hand?

10. Sledge

Sledge Guest

I hope you're right, cuz if you are, we're going to the playoffs for sure. Why do I say that? In our first 6 games, we play...

DALLAS @ home
    On the road @ Indy, Washington, SD & Miami

I say if we get out of this 2-4 it's a moral victory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar