No To A Free Agent DB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by formerphinfan, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

We will draft a CB whether we sign Samuels/Clements or not, and if one injury would kill then why dump Woolfolk? I know he's not gonna become anything, but it's depth..

2. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Exactly! That's not how elite teams play football. We have to have a great defense. DB is the position to start at. We need a new starting CB (across from Pac) and FS (peace Lamont).

Then we can look at the D-Line. We need a good DE across from KVB. We probably could make do at DT, but I really like the kid Okoye from Louisville. I say we trade up get him, sign Samuel, and take the Notre Dame Safety in the 2nd, then a DE in the 3rd. And steal Stallworth from the Eagles.

3. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

As my good friend always says, pressure busts pipes....and a QB's head!!!

Hell, even RH can cover for 7 seconds. That's what is sorely lacking. Defensive pressure. If we have to be stuck with Schwartzies sit back and wait Defensive calls, then we better have someone that is going to be able to pressure on the oopposite side of KVB.

How many QB's have had all the time in the world to sit back and throw the ball?? Are you guys telling me that Champ Bailey, who IMHO, is the best DB in the league, can cover somebody for 15-20 seconds....consistently??, I don't think so. CF will be good at starting because we saw what he can do, and the kid can ball. Start him next to Pac, and get a rusher in here Charles Grant, Kearney, or Freeny, and mark my words, our sacks will go up, Interceptions will go up, and by God, we'll get off the field on third down every once and a while. Hell even Schwartz can't screw up a good pass rusher.

4. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Asante Samuel and PacMan as our top 2, Id like to see someone pass on us with moderate success, by doing that, we can bring Hope closer to the line to help the run, and adding in a new MLB wouldnt hurt either

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think you might exagerating a bit. 4 seconds is considered a lot.

8 sacks in the past 2 years combined playing across from will smith and darren howard.

11 sacks in the past 2 years combined and has only had 3 years over 10.

i doubt he even gets out on the free agent list

i've said it before and i'll say it again, there are better defensive ends than corners in the draft and there are better corners than ends in free agency. we should get our cornrer taken care of in free agency and take an end in the draft(jamaal anderson).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar