No split title...

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Apparently since there couldn't be three 2nd place teams, they just gave it to Alabama this year.

You've gotta feel bad for Oklahoma State after seeing how zombie'esque LSU was. Sorry, but OK State would have beaten the team that showed up last night.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

And Stanford would have beaten the Cowboys if their kicker hadn't choked.

Alabama would have easily won the first match-up versus LSU if their kicker hadn't choked. They were the better team then and proved it last night.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Deuce Wayne

But they weren't a better team and LSU proved that all season long.

Amazing what a 40 day layoff can do to a team.

Would be nice to know who is the best team in college football for once. Thanks, BCS.

4. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Uh... yes they were.

Alabama went up and down the field all night on LSU. They just choked on kicking. The only reason LSU won was because Alabama made a few mistakes on offense.

Alabama lost in overtime by a field goal to the (then) #1 team in the country. OSU lost to Iowa State (were they even ranked?) by 6 in double OT.

There's no question as to of who the better team was between Alabama and OSU. None.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The 40-day layoff didn't seem to hurt Bama. I hate it too but both teams had the same issues to deal with.

The BCS sucks but it's better than it being decided 100% by a bunch of biased media and coaches which sucked worse. I'm still amazed the networks haven't thrown enough money at the NCAA to make an 8-team playoff happen. I hope to see it in my lifetime.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Bama made LSU look like some Sun Belt team. I'm mad I watched that game.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

No need for a split title. The BCS decides the true champion.

8. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

Imo..... had it been the other way around and Alabama beat LSU .... LSU would won.... the kicker was on a mission for that game....
    Not a LSU fan by any means.... but Alabama was looking for revenge... and LSU couldn't find an answer to that

9. Deuce Wayne

No, the BCS decides the BCS winner.

No one is recognizing a champion this year.

10. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Funny, because all I keep hearing and reading is

The Alabama Crimson Tide. 2011 BCS National Champions

But then again, you're like, always wrong. So I guess your statement makes sense.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar