No sale? No hope for Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by XO, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

http://www.tennessean.com/story/spo...my-smith-david-climer/22077983/?showmenu=true

David Climer going in hard at the Titans. I like it.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Oh come on XO you didn't take any business classes back in the day? This is basic stuff. Smith can't come out and say "yea things are rough we're selling the team", then expect to sell at top dollar.

Even before 2014 happened the team gets calls from interested buyers, Im sure all teams get those calls, hell I get those calls for my business.

Smith taking a stance doesn't stop anything from possibly happening in the future.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. XO

XO Nevada Native

You hick, I'm not David Climer. I'm just posting the article.

• LOL LOL x 6
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Climer hits the mark on this IMO. I have been saying this for years now, but the beginning of this decline happened when Bud replaced Jeff Diamond with his grandson after our Super Bowl season IMO. I had a queasy feeling about that move back then, and nothing since then has made me feel different. Managing the franchise from Texas while quietly wishing (my speculation only here) that the team was still in Houston does not make for a good combination IMO.

5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I agree. Nashville is an awesome city. Get someone in here that actually cares about the culture and building a great franchise. I miss being competitive BIG TIME!

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

Guy in Alabama calling a guy in Connecticut a hick lol

7. XO

XO Nevada Native

You are from a dirt road in Mississippi or Memphis.

Whichever you are going with this week.

Board up your glass house before you start slinging rocks, hick.

• LOL LOL x 2
  8. JCBRAVE

Your thread is bad you should feel bad

9. amy

amy Starter

Just like many companies who are run into the ground by families interested in amassing more billions than doing good things for a city that paid them to settle in it. They are just a bunch of filthy rich who think making money is the be-all and end-all of existence. Maybe we should hope and pray they do run the team into the ground-if it can be run into the ground any more than it is now-and then have to sell it. Likely to be the only way the Adams family will go away.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Tommy has had the team for ONE season, folks. He brought in the top head coach he could find and allowed the front office to spend money on free agents.

Tommy doesn't equal Bud.

• High Five High Five x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar