No more pre-kickoff flyovers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Alex1939, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

2. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Because it costs so much to fly a couple miles, as opposed to the numerous other things they waste money on..

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Make sense, but kinda sucks... it's a tradition. Hopefully they still do it for like MNF / SB games.

4. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Guys, I won't mention a politician, so this should be good. Look back through the history of your life. The numbers ARE available on the internet. The federal budget, in total, has NEVER gotten smaller from year to year in your lifetime. This year our fed will spend more money than last year EVEN with the sequester cuts. This whole budget sequester hoax is that we are not going to spend AS MUCH more as was scheduled to be spent. (just a number) Example, instead of increasing our budget by 100B this year over last, we only increase by 50B. Therebye this is a "cut" in the budget causing the world to end and all emergency services to be cut, yada yada yada. The fact is that the world will not end. The birds will still fly tomorrow. These specific cuts, fly overs, illegals being released, meat inspections to hault, fbi agents to be furloughed, and so forth are designed to "get your attention" and make you say Oh Shlt! We must spend this money. It's all BS.

The reason for the designed cuts to get our attention is because if the cuts take place, NO ONE will notice. We can't have this because then people will be normalized to the notion that we CAN cut government spending and it's no big deal. They cannot have that.

OK, end of rant. It's just a dog and pony show guys.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I've hung out with those pilots that do the flyovers, they sometimes travel 700 or more miles to get to the games, thats a crap load of fuel burnt up for each game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Finnegan2win

They still do that for training.. and they'll still need to be doing that for training.. so.. it's not going to reduce costs by a cent, they'll just be flying somewhere else.

It's completely pointless, just makes it look like they're saving money when they're not.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. JCBRAVE

Well jet fuel costs about $3/gal

That would mean the one time I was shootin the sh*t with those pilots it cost them roughly $5,000 to do that one flyover

$5,000 X 16 games X 20 weeks = ~$1,600,000

not really that much in the grand scheme of things I guess. Our military blows money like its nobodies business.

8. JCBRAVE

Why can't the NFL pick-up these costs? It's nothing for them.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

This thread makes me want to pull my hair out.

10. Finnegan2win

JC you missed they point.. flyovers = training.. they will still fly the same amount and use the same amount of gas/money, just not over a stadium. So.. it's a pointless excuse to make it look like it's going to make a difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar