No More Hockey in Nashville?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by BigRed3, May 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

do not be fooled

Craig didn't lose any money while in Nashville

both Leipold companies (Preds/PowersMngmnt) made plenty of money for othe events that take place inside that building ... they've had a noose on Metro for years

I'm happy to get our Arena back
  2. moose4now

moose4now Starter

There are others? :rolleyes:
  3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

[​IMG]

I'm not sure I can forgive us for her... like I mean ever.
  4. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Back from what and for what? Do you remember the lockout and the freak the city was going through due to it sitting empty?

They have a hard enough time getting events in the place when hockey is not playing...what do you think will happen if no NHL team is there to use it for 40+ nights of the year?
  5. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

So do you think the Sharks making chum out of the Preds the last couple seasons has anything to do with the move?
  6. Laserjock

I think if we had moved even just to the second round of the playoffs we would not be having this thread.
  7. Starkiller

Starkiller 9

Too bad we didn't have an empty arena a few years ago, or we could have the Grizzlies instead of Memphis.

Frankly, the Preds couldn't make money here, so I don't blame Leopold for selling or moving. It's a business in the end. And I'm honestly not a hockey fan (I went to one game since the lockout versus about 8 per season prior and I didn't miss it) so it doesn't pain me much personally. It's sad for the local fans, though. But I go to all the Titans home games and all the Vanderbilt men's basketball games, so it's not as if I don't get enough time to watch sports in person.

I didn't think the NHL would sell when they got a team in Nashville, so I'm hardly surprised. I expect we'll get a high level minor league team since we've got a NHL-quality arena. And hopefully now the city will have full control over the arena and can make good use out of it.
  8. Laserjock

I don't believe NBA would have done any better there than they have in Memphis. Talk about high dollar tickets.
  9. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Starter

Not sure what type of use you guys think we are going to get out of an arena because the hockey team left. We arent going to get an NBA team, and major concert tours dont view Nashville as a city that it is a necessity to play. A big empty arena that hosts Kats games and a few concerts is not a bonus to the city in the least. Maybe they can use it as a convention center and then not have to build the new one, but other than that, I dont see how losing the hockey team is a good thing because it gives the city more flexibility with the arena, when the city has no real need for it to be more flexible.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.