No ints, 175 yards passing = improvement

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oldoilerfan, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Young has to keep this up to prove it's not a fluke but so far I'm very impressed. We seem to be scoring about the same as much as we did with Collins but without the turnovers. I'm really looking forward to the Colts game to see what happens then. The 49ers was a good test but they have lost 4 in a row for a reason. But so far so good.

2. aburrow

aburrow Camp Fodder

hell has froze over

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Solid overall effort. Few mistakes and again he uses his legs to help us win.

I do not like the option play though. An nfl QB just won't run that play right which requires holding on to the ball until you are about to be hit.

4. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I sure would like to see him NOT fold like a paper doll whenever he gets near a tackler. That third down play where he only needed 5 yards was a horrible attempt at getting a first down. The minute the guy got a hand on it Vince was looking for a soft spot to land.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. jdog

jdog I like beer!

Young looks like a QB on his way to being very good. Titans won but the ball rolled their way. Some luck involved in this one.

6. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Vince has looked good, but he still is a little inconsistent. On 3rd and short he's got to be able to hit an open receiver, and we had a couple drives stall because he didn't quite get it there.

All in all, if he continues to play smart football and take advantage of his opportunities when he gets them I think he at least buys the Titans some time. 3 weeks ago it looked inevitable we were taking a QB with the #1 pick in the draft. Now I think Young is probably the starter next year. If he continues to show improved accuracy and can start pressing the ball further downfield consistently then he might win the job for the long run. Not there yet, but considering he's sat on the bench for a year and a half he's looked pretty sharp.

7. RTH

RTH Meh...

Not bad. Young and Gage managed to get the #2 Top Play of the weekend on ESPN.

Granted, it had more to do with Gage's catch than Young's throw... but, who'd have thought the Titans would be part of the Top Play's of the weekend and the running game wouldn't be involved...

8. rastamon

rastamon Camp Fodder

was also #1 catch of the week on nfl network;)

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

Yeah... it lost #1 to horse racing. :ha:

10. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

And I would much rather sure like to see him fold like a paper doll and avoid a game-ending injury hit/tackle on him that he risks by trying to be like McNair.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar