No Fun league strikes again

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

It's not going to happen. The CBA includes a clause that says that the NFL can't restrict the players facial hair or grooming. If the NFL wants this rule, they're going to have to take it back to the bargaining table...

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

the owners should pick their battles.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3313868

"Hair is considered part of the uniform, so normally there is no penalty for grabbing the hair and tackling a player. Chiefs running back Larry Johnson, however, was penalized 15 yards for a "hair" tackle of Polamalu last season. Officials determined Johnson lifted the hair after making a sideline tackle, which was considered unsportsmanlike conduct."

so because larry johnson is an immature douche, who goes around pulling players' hair after the play, the entire league has to change?

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I seriously doubt anything will come of this. A new cba needs to be reached.. this point is small change... I mean, the owners have bigger fish to fry. Trying to slip in a rule change like this really only hurts the owners interests. I am sure they would much rather have the revenue issues resolved. Maybe it's a bs ploy... something they can "concede" so to speak. I really don't think it will come to pass.

5. Architect

Architect Pain Train

hahahahaha! In a game where every play there is a chance for each player to have a bone broken, legamint or tendon torn, muscle torn or pulled, suffer a concussion, etc... and we are concerned about hair pulling?!

Maybe we should ditch the pads and helmets and transition to the National Two Hand Touch League! This is more about long hair (ie braids and locks) being viewed as 'thuggish".

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Dude- did you not see the hair tackles last year? You are making a ridiculous assumption that I'm concerned about "hair pulling". I'm concerned about a 200 pound man running full speed with a player that is able to tackle him only by grabbing onto the man's hair and then slamming him to the turf. How can you not see that enhances the chance of a neck injury.

Man, sometimes this forum is frustrating because I feel like I have to expand on every little possible word. Use your imagination. I try to assume that people that post here are at least moderately intelligent and I try to give the benefit of the doubt to the meaning of the post. Otherwise all we'd do is nitpick every little comment with hypotheticals, its ridiculous. Obviously I didn't post that because someone would seriously get hurt if they have their hair pulled. :rolleyes:

I think there is a further meaning behind this possible rule. Perhaps the owner's don't want to have to worry about the play on the field being effected by hair. I know, if I were owner, I would be extremely frustrated if one of my players would've scored a TD if it hadn't been for the opposition yanking him down by his hair.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

;)

[​IMG]

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Why does Mawae look so small there? Is benji like 7'3 600lbs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar