no DeShawn Jackson next week

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MCMLXXXIII, Oct 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

NBC said out with a concussion. Expected to miss a few weeks.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

3. pettso

pettso Starter

Yeah, and its the Eagles' bye week after too, so Vick may take that week off so he gets the bye to rest up too. We still can't take them easy though, they're Maclin and Mccoy are really good and Kolb is one of the best backups in the league.

4. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

Kolb's been playing very well.

However, after DaSean and Maclin, there isn't much there as far as receivers. Celek is a pretty good TE though. McCoy is tight but their O-line is awful.

5. pettso

pettso Starter

Yeah, I'm pretty sure our d-line will get a lot of pressure on Kolb so we'll be alright on that front. Vick scares me a little more cause he can turn solid pressure into a gain with his legs. It's looking like a very winnable game at this point.

6. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

Yeah, I think Vick would fair pretty well against our D-line. We tend to rush full speed and we're not incredibly athletic.

7. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

nasty concusion. you never want to happen to anyone...but we benefit nonetheless.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

This is a huge break for us.

I'm not so worried about the difference in Kolb vs. Vick, although I'd definitely rather play Kolb. DeSean is their best, most explosive player.

Hate to see that kind of hit happen to anyone (besides Brady). It looked really bad. He didn't move for quite some time. Glad he's okay.

9. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Fisher and his staff would MUCH rather play against Vick than Kolb. Unless you boys just want the standard 300+ yards, 2-3 TD's that quality pocket QBs put up on us consistently. (Orton, Manning, Romo, Henne, etc.) Beating the Falcons isn't as easy as the Eagles made it look.

The Desean loss is HUGE though. He'd had a Miles Austin type day against us. Finnegan is the one who lucked out on that one.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This is a nice thing to come to see on a Monday morning. DeSean is a serious deep threat, and will break one on us at some point if he were to play. Hope and Verner both would be kicking the turf after a DeSean TD. But the focus right now is still on the Jaguars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar