No comments on Schwartz?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Actually, it's very important. It sure didn't hurt the Steelers last year did it. They were middle of the pack against the pass and in the top three in rushing D and Seatle was fifth. I geuss it may matter a little... Ya' think?:rolleyes:

2. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I blame Shwartz for Norm Chow's playing call too... Damn that Schwartz!!!

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I've continuously said that talent (performance) equals results. It takes both a sound scheme and execution to be successful (thus says "Captain Obvious"). Based on the success of many of Schwartz's early years, I say we had both.

In '04 we had injuries and '05 we had the purge and the youngest defense in the league. So what factor has changed the most there to impact results?

Could Vince Friggin' Lombardi get injured and inexperienced players to play at a higher level than Jim Schwartz? Maybe. But I see the players as much more a factor in what we see, success or failure, week in and week out, than anything Schwartz does.

4. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

I blame Schwartz for the #1 reason why we have underachieved. #2 reason is personnel.

I think coaching and execution go hand in hand. You look at the best teams, they have the best execution. Good execution = good coaching.

Which one came first? I don't know.

5. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

me too

6. TitanJeff

What positions were upgraded? OLB and SS. Everyone else is about the same. Though Pacman has improved, who else has? Hill and LT have dipped. Starks best game was Sunday. Haynesworth was lost for five games. KVB isn't getting to the QB as often. Long, Odom and LaBoy are hurt. And Sirmon? Don't get me started there.

Add to that a much tougher schedule and I think you figure out for yourself that scheme isn't the key reason for where the Titans are right now.

7. TitanJeff

Then you need to go much further than Schwartz as to who you blame starting with Fisher and going down to all position coaches.

8. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

On paper we are not underachieving... We weren't supposed to be good and we aren't. Usually, the youngest teams aren't. I'm sure there are a couple senerios where younger teams played pretty good but generally teams like the Steelers, Patriots, Colts, Seahwks, and so on (teams that are good now) are stacked with pretty good proven vets, like we were when we were good.

9. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

What do you mean? IMO, we have 5 pro bowl caliber players on defense. I think we are a better team that we are playing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar