No comments on Schwartz?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Not getting a pass rush with your front four is the main concern I have with the Titans defense. These are one-on-one battles that the Titans don't win enough of.

Schwartz went to the nickel and stayed in it after the Titans went up 24-6 and I don't see how anyone can argue the scheme. The idea is to prevent any big plays. Who cares if Westbrook racked up near 100 second half yards. The goal at that point in the game is different.

Some who are critical of Schwartz probably wanted to bring the house on Garcia with a 18-point lead.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Nothing puts a stop to an offense like planting their QB facefirst into the turff.

Up by 3 scores is a great time to blitz, selectively of course. With both safetys back can afford to bring 1 LB or even a corner depending. The fact that dehr Schwartzie is willing to suffer the death of 1000 cuts without complaint is a problem for me. How many 4th quarter comebacks must we suffer before he realizes that giving up 200 yards in the 4th quarter is NOT a good strategy. I would have loved to have been his buddy in high school. "Hey Jimbelina mind if I dance with your date? I'll take her home and you guard the punchbowl for me"

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

The Eagles have a top notch OLINE especailly at both tackle positions (Thomas and Runyon). Not many teams will get pressure on the Eagles rushing 4 on 5.

4. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

Their OL is also one of the biggest and strongest. Just take a look at the starters

William Thomas - 6'7, 335
    Todd Herremans - 6'6, 321
    Jamaal Jackson - 6'4, 330
    Shawn Andrews - 6'4, 340 and is also one of the best OG's in the NFL
    Jon Runyan - 6'7, 330

They can simply overpower almost any DL in the league. However, our DL has been doing this exact same thing all year, so that basically negates my post, but I just wanted to point it out anyway.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

:lol:

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Let's hope it keeps up. But don't forget- he has also been pasted by several REALLY BAD or mediocre offenses. (and the Eagles offense we saw yesterday was NOT the same as from earlier games in the year)

I, for one, will give him credit for the 2 games out of say- 40 that he deserves. I hope it continues. If it does, I'll give him more than 5% credit.

7. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

The Eagles burned up clock better than our offense could have. I know on one drive they used over 6 minutes and then blew the FG. I really don't see that as being bad. The way Vince was throwing we had a better chance controlling their D than taking a chance with interceptions and our O.

8. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

The defense gave up almost 400 yards to a backup QB.... We would have lost if we didn't have the big plays. Every dog has its day... Don't worry, Schwartz still sucks... Why must the people who don't hate Schwartz defend him every win we got? I don't understand?

Do you people really think that a last ranked defense and a 3 win team deserves any credit? Give me a break... I get so tired of listening to people try to defend.

"Oh, did you see Schwartz's defense held them in check for 1 drive", woopteedoo! As a coordinator in the NFL, you are only as good as you are consistent. We are terribly inconsistent. Sure we don't have a pure pass rush, but we have pro bowl caliber players on defense, and the fact remains.

WE ARE STILL LAST IN THE LEAGUE IN DEFENSE and underachieving as a team unit, and Jimmy is the devil with a red hat on. :D

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

This may explain why we gave up so many yards.

"Also at his Monday afternoon press conference, Fisher praised his team's efforts in Philadelphia, where the defense endured 91 snaps while the offense only managed 15 in the second half and the team still won by a large margin"

10. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

So we are supposed to praise someone whose defense "endured 91 snaps"? Geez, last time I checked, that meant they couldn't get off the field... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar