No Change in Young Contract Negotiations

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fltitan

fltitan Guest

Both need to be in camp on time. White has a much better chance of contributing this year at least early than VY and its critical that hes there from day one. He has a lot to prove and the Titans took a chance on him . He is a 2nd round pick he needs to tell his agent to get this done today if not what ever happens to him is his fault. In VY's case both sides are at fault if he's not in camp on time both Major and Reese knew this contract was going to take some time if they needed to start earlier they should have. If Reese doesnt get him in camp he should take full responsibilty VY was his pick and he should make this happen today. I cant believe Adams and VY are being so unreasonable this cant get done Reese needs to quit playing games and make this happen.

2. It will get done in time.

3. Sledge

Sledge Guest

young's deal hinges on a pretty rough rookie pool number. the rookie pool # is the amount of cap space rookie contracts take. I think Reese has about $4M left to work with, and that takes into consideration both Young and White. For example, Calvin Lowry's rookie pool # is about $360K

4. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

KFFL:

5. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Whew... that was a close one. When I first read that, I thought it said "No ChanCe in Young Contract Negotiations"

6. fltitan

fltitan Guest

Both sides have known what the rookie pool # was for sometime this didn't change this week and there is no excuse if this doesn't get done. They can get creative and see to it VY gets his guaranteed money and still fit under the cap, Houston did it with Willams and Reese and Adams can too. There is more to this than the rookie pool cap # so both sides need to give a little and get this done. It will take sometime for the contract to be approved after its signed and VY nor the Titans need to lose that time on the field even if its only 2 or 3 days , the same goes for White and his agent.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

(even though it may never happen)

I'd like for the next CBA include set structuring on rookie contracts
    ya know......everybody's waiting on everybody else.
    and for the most part people know the parameters anyway
    they can just take Mario's deal this year and Alex Smith's deal from last year and come up with some common figures
    -complicating it (somewhat) is the length, but still

hell,.... they've known for weeks now what the #3 pick overall / FIRST Quarterback selcted is worth ...... and this isn't Alex friggin' Smith, the is Vince friggin' Young

what could make this SOOOO much less stressful on the league (in general) is if there were a chart that shows the value of the slot with modifiers for the position (where QB's and RB's are more of a premium) ... or whatever.
    teams should know what a player's contract is worth before drafting them

FURTHERMORE : it's ridiculous for rookie contracts to take so long, considering they have yet to earn their keep

8. Slipjack

Slipjack Guest

ESPN just hit on this topic. Should be on in the next 15 to 20 mintues.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I just heard on ESPN's NFL Live that sources are saying there's a 50/50 chance Vince will be able to be in camp on time. They also said that he will be in camp by Monday or Tuesday at the latest. It seems that the Titans and VY are pretty much in agreement with the contract amounts, it's a matter of making sure it all fits into NFL guidelines. He will make close to what Mario Williams is making.

10. moose4now

moose4now Starter

That's all we would need. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar