No aliens?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanJeff, Jun 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Actually, I was referring to "Natural Science":

When the ebbing tide retreats
    Along the rocky shoreline
    It leaves a trail of tidal pools
    In a short-lived galaxy
    Each microcosmic planet
    A complete society

A simple kind mirror
    To reflect upon our own
    All the busy little creatures
    Chasing out their destinies
    Living in their pools
    They soon forget about the sea...

Wheels within wheels
    In a spiral array
    A pattern so grand
    And complex
    Time after time
    We lose sight of the way
    Our causes cant see
    Their effects

This song plays through my head constantly whenever I go fishing off the lava flows.

2. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

If it was something like the matrix, it would have been ended as soon as Matrix the movie came out bc the hierarchy would have been afraid some people might know the truth

Yea, I went with it, lol

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

there is a thought that we have not always been here
    billions of years ago the earth's climate and habitats were drastically different then what they are now
    some say that we originated on Mars

others, like Zacharia Sitchin suggest we came from a planet that no longer exists, the 10th Planet. This planet collided with another large celestial object. part of that became the Asteroid Belt, the other became Earth

which goes back to "seeding". almost every natural element on this planet is available elsewhere in our system. so the possibility that al these elemts played a role elsewhere in our Solar system is admissable

scientists believe that it is possible to terraform other planets .... Mars perhaps. All it needs is an atmosphere, which over time (thousands of years perhaps ... maybe only hundreds) could stabilize the environment and create eco-systems
    factories that would exhaust greenhouse gas could conceivably create an atmosphere much like our own .. weather and all

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Then how did we get here? If we got here how did we comletel de-evelove to the point were we did not know how to make basic tools?

Again how did the populous de-evolve to the point that hey no longer even understood the planet was round?

Also the asteroid belt between Jupiter and Mars is an effect of the gravity between Mars and Jupiter. The debris is to far out to for a cluster because the gravity of Jupiter crushes large bodies.

We are all born from star matter it would seem pretty obvious if a star spewed it's elements after a nova they would end up in about he same concentration over a body as big as a solar system especially if a gravimetric body suck as our sun was the center of it.

True but the pivotal elements is water. No water the planet is dead.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

It's time for The Slippery Slope!

Highly offensive musings on such topics foundhere:
    [​IMG]

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I thought he said the planet still exists and he hopes we find it. Or maybe that's just what others want to think based on his writings. Some clever stuff anyway.

Nibiru!

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Sadly, I spent an entire semester in college debating this. Of course, we discussed it through Descartes (which is what eventually inspired the theories that led to the matrix), and his idea that we can never actually prove that we aren't dreaming. Sadly, the answer was no, we can't Really prove it. That doesn't mean that we should actually think that we are dreaming, or in the matrix.

9. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I'm sure I exist - I called myself on my home phone from my cell phone... and I answered. That has to count for something, doesn't it? If Descartes had a cell phone he would have probably agree.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

No, it's not that we don't exist, it's that we can't prove that the world we perceive really exists. Remember, "I think, therefore, I am." We can know that we exist, because we are thinking things. We just don't know if we are thinking these things because we are dreaming, and they aren't really real. You could be dreaming that you called yourself on your cell phone and you answered. There may not actually be a cell phone. The only thing that you can be certain truly exists is you, because you are thinking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar