Nintendo launching new Console next year.

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by jessestylex, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

In a statement released alongside the company’s latest results today, Nintendo has confirmed that a new home console is indeed on the way, and will be released sometime in 2012. The statement was brief and contained no other details, but did state that the Wii successor will be playable at this year’s E3, and that more specifications will also be released at gaming’s premier event.

Damn that was quick. i wonder why they doing that? the wii has sold great for them.

2. XO

XO Nevada Native

They said it will be more powerful than 360 or PS3... Congrats on that considering the PS3 and 360 are 8+ year old tech.

How detailed can Mario get before it becomes creepy?

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I feel like I just got the Wii.

4. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

see what's known as "the uncanny vally"

[​IMG]

5. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

this will make it, what, a 5-6 year lifespan? that's the pretty typical for most game consoles

On the other hand, one of the goals of Microsoft and Sony in using the motion control is extending their console's lifespan for an extra 4-5 years, namely because how incredibly expensive it is for them to build new systems

(they actually lose money in actual system sales, i believe....the fact that nintendo was making $6 per every wii sold was apparently a big deal)

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It'll still use the same PS2 graphics that their last 2 consoles have. While re-hashing the same boring games they've tried to live off of for 2 decades.

Nothing to see here...

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. XO

XO Nevada Native

Except they clearly win the last generation console war.... Nintendo will have something amazing up their sleeves

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i cant wait to see it in June. gotta see what they came up with so quick, my guess is a new controller or something to do with 3D.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

By sales?

Maybe.

By actual product?

Not even close. Wii is terrible.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. XO

XO Nevada Native

Believe companies gauge success by sales... not Duece opinions.
    The Wii was a success and put Nintendo back in the game.
    Sony and Microsoft were left playing catch up.
    Gaming is becoming more popular everyday and the gamer demographic is changing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar