Niners give WR Brandon Jones $16.5M deal (AP)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Smash, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I just prefer not to dwell on the "it ain't never gonna happen" side of things..
    Signing Nate is realistic. Trading for signed name guys when there's 30 FA names available is not.

2. Young54

Young54 Starter

Good for Jones. Too bad he is going from a bad passing offense to another bad passing offense, actually worse. He wont put up better numbers. Sorry BJ, at least you're getting paid!

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

49ers averaged 50 more yard passing per game then us last season.

4. Young54

Young54 Starter

Fine... not "worse"

5. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Well that sucks. I actually expected Jones to be a solid (though not spectacular) receiver here for years to come; someone we could rely on in a pinch. There goes that concept, and with that, Nate Washington looks like a necessity. I guess the Titans never really did have much intention of fighting for Jones, considering the dubious J-Mac re-sign?

6. soopacee

soopacee I'm Blaine Bishop

our WR's went from really bad, to the worst in the league now

ahhhh i love this part of the year......been dealing with it since i was a wee oilers fan

7. reo

reo Starter

I disagree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar