Niners give WR Brandon Jones $16.5M deal (AP)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Smash, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Man Jones really came through in games when Gage and Jmac were sleeping.

I think Jones will shine and the Titans will be sorry.

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I don't think the Titans will be sorry. I do think Jones will become a solid receiver, but he had his heart set on a new team that was more pass oriented..Tennessee just wasn't the right fit, and for what receiver is it..

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

BJ to the 69'ers...

4. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

With this does is put some serious pressure on the Titans to get a deal done with Washington when he visits,so this is a good thing...

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Receiver Brandon Jones has agreed to join the San Francisco 49ers, getting a five-year contract worth $16.5 million. Jones spent his first four NFL seasons with Tennessee, where he caught 41 passes for 449 yards and a touchdown last season. He was hampered by significant injuries in two of his four seasons, including a groin injury that limited him to nine games in 2007.

More...

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

thats not a terrible deal. I think the Titans would have paid that if they didn't have something up their sleaves with another FA WR or in the draft....

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Oh well, I say good luck to him too. I think he's an easily likable guy, and it sucks to think his best years may be ahead of him. OTOH, I have hopes up for replacing him with hopefully a better played.

Not sure if it's Washington. TJ....pipe dream? What other FA's are there? Maybe it's draft.

8. JayMizzle

JayMizzle Camp Fodder

I like Brandon Jones. Hope he does well for them 9ers.

C'mon NICKS!!!!!

9. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

I hate to see him leave, wish it would have been JMac but I think this puts the Titans in a position where they are gonna have to pick up a WR and I think it might be an upgrade from B.Jones

10. Banger21

Banger21 Camp Fodder

I with ya, I liked BJ and thought he would be solid for us, he is only going to get better as his hands become more reliable. Those were the only issues he had for the Titans. There are going to be alot of WR's available for trade or in the draft....outside of the only FA we will try for (Washington). Washington would be a better fit for us since we desperatly need someone who can make a big play deep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar