Nightmare on Lame Street

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by CRUDS, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Were there any helicopter scenes?

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Were there lots and lots of 'splosions?

Honestly, I enjoy quite a bit of Bay's stuff. It is what it is.... mindless fun (for the most part). If you can shut your brain off for a couple hours and take it for what it is you just might enjoy it. If you go into it expecting cinematic gold, then you are always going to be disappointed.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Nobody expects cinematic gold from Elm Street, but to have every resource at your fingertips yet you still come out with a turkey like this is just pathetic.. You can't even use the Transformers eye-candy argument on this flick.

And why do you have to "turn off your brain" to enjoy a visual summertime flick. It's easier to take in solid story with good acting than one that you have to fight to follow because it's so mind-numbingly stupid.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

There is one moment in this flick where they tease you with a new twist that could possibly make things interesting and in a matter of minutes it's washed away with more stupidity.. Argh.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Well I can't comment on Elm Street as I haven't seen it yet. But I know Bay can churn out some turds. I wasn't trying to defend this particular movie as much as I was defending Bay. I think he gets unfairly s*** on. Like it's trendy to hate him. All I'm saying is he has made a good deal of entertaining movies. I just wanted to jump in on the Bay hate-fest and offer my two cents.

And I don't think you have to turn off your brain to enjoy a visual summertime flick, I just meant that sometimes it's necessary for a Bay film. :ha:

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I honestly can't think of any Bay movie I've liked - the most tolerable being the TCM remake, which still didn't hold a torch to the original. I think it's interesting that though he's been behind the outright majority of the recent horror reboots, the best of these are the ones he had nothing to do with - Hills Have Eyes etc. Thank god they didn't let him near The Wolfman.. Sad that he's involved in the Monster Squad and The Birds remakes upcoming. Expect the worst..

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Sad that remakes of those are even in the works.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I don't see any possibility of improvement on The Birds. Just re-release the original. Monster Squad should be a Pixar animation..

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

As bad as his movies are they make a lot of money.

I almost threw up when I watched some "making of" commentary on the Transformers 2 DVD where Bay addresses his critics. He basically says "Well I have kids and parents come up to me every day and tell me how much they or their kids watch my film." Yea, kids, kids like anything.

Then he's like "Well if my movie is so bad word of mouth would have killed it and it wouldn't have made as much money as it did." OK by that logic than Spider Man 3, the new Indiana Jones, 2012, and Avatar were all great movies because they made a ton of money too. Does that mean that movies that don't make as much money aren't as good? Besides, Transformers is just one of those type of movies that is going to make a ton of money regardless of plot. It could be a terrible and awful movie and still make a ton of money.

And of course the reason the robots looked so different is because it's quicker (aka lazier) to make them look like that and if they looked realistic it would require rocket scientists (I don't get it either).

And one final FU to the critics they show a scene of him talking to someone about the big robot in the desert and he's like "You know what would be funny, if he looks up and sees like 2 wrecking balls and says well I'm directly under the scrotum of the robot." And then laughing at it like he really thought of something funny.

As for Elm Street I thought about it but with Bay I'd rather not, then reading this review I for sure wont. How bout that for word of mouth?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar