night of the upsets

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by onthemove, Sep 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onthemove

onthemove Guest

Great to see the pac 10 evolve and give every team a chance to win- well done cal and washington. The usc one man show was getting old. I say they should even the playing field.

I'll go all out and say Texas Tech will repeat last year in fashion. They have counterpunches against the UT defense. Leach can get any player to put up great numbers and win at any position.
    Of course Texas has a potent offense and great leader in McCoy, who excels in the clutch, but will their D play smart- try to get to Potts and get good results?

prediction

TTU 41 UT 38 (oh the irony)

2. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I wonder if you can call the Vols loss to the Gators by only 10 points an upset.
    I do know that Eric Berry will be drafted in the first round next year, barring injuries. He is a ball-hawk.

3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

If the vols had a competent QB we very well could have won it. Two roll outs on the 5 yard line were bad calls, but he still could have hit the TE as soon as he rolled out. Field Goal. I didn't get to see the 2nd half, but 93 yards and 2 INTs is pathetic, 2 weeks in a row under 100 yards passing and multiple INTs.

Vols will be contenders again once Crompton is benched or graduates, guarantee it, team is real young.

--

Glad to see USC choke like they do every year , wish I could have actually SEEN it instead of hear about it..but looks like they put too much stock into the OSU game and forgot to play this week.

4. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Arkansas is giving Georgia a run for their money. And in case you haven't noticed, Ryan Mallett is a beast.

5. onthemove

onthemove Guest

Well the Vols certainly proved today that Florida and Tebow are not invincible. Despite the loss, playing Florida well for 60 should give the Vols something to build on.

So far the Texas game has been butt ugly. It's one thing to see big 12 ball at work (both teams scoring back and forth every drive), but neither team doing much gets boring pretty fast. I can say now by watching tonight's Texas game that UT is not #2. Maybe the pressure to keep winning week after week is getting to their QB?

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah I am watching the Texas v TT and it isn't much. I might switch over to Georgia game.

7. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Anyone else think Brent Musburger or w/e his name is, the old guy commentating alongside Herbie.. is really awful? He's so damn boring I kinda wanna watch GAvsARK just because he's so boring.

"And... Texas Tech Fumbles...texas ball...fumble recovery for texas..." Try to be enthused please?

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I need Vanderbilt to win and Sth Carolina to win by 21 or more.

9. onthemove

onthemove Guest

Don't be fooled. I think for some reason, he may have been reluctant to cover this game, and as I'm watching it, I don't blame him. He's been breaking eardrums and getting enthused in all the other big games. (ALA-VTech/OSU-USC anyone?) This just doesn't live up to promise, and he may know that. Or they're just tired, who knows?

I've heard worse annnouncers, most of whom are emotional/biased has-been athletes. I never knew they played football until they mentioned it.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Houston stuns Texas Tech. Moving toward the top 10 this week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar