Night of the Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by gran54, Apr 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

There is a draft party at LP Field but you have to have a Titans checking account with Pinnacle to get in. I went last year and it was awesome. Player autographs, locker room tours, and the best part: I got to put one through the uprights on the field!

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

PRetty sweet. you get to see the players faces when they find out they're getting replaced.

BTW spreading the draft out like they do over days, is killing me. They are such moneygrabbers. The draft's not that exciting, and to make the 2nd round a primetime event is silly. Not for the fans, for the advertising monies.

Has Baddell made one change that has improved the game for fans? Nope. All about lining pockets.

NHL and other sports have made changes that IMPROVE the game for fans. NHL did it to increase scoring to make games more fun. What to we get in the NFL? Less hits and longer commercial breaks.

Well, he has made the running back an unimportant player, and eliminated the Kick returner position. But at least we'll get a new "best all time QB" every year, because they mold the rules to make superstar QBs to break records! What does breaking records mean??? Ratings. What do ratings mean? More advertisers, which equals more cash.:grrr:

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I'm surprised a major network not named 'NFL Network' agreed to air the 2nd round in Primetime lol

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The reason the 2nd round is friday night is for some of the 26 guys still sitting in the green room. Not all those guys will go 1, 2, 3 - 26, someone is getting picked the next night.

5. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

As I have to get up early on the Friday and i'm from across the pond, unfortunately I will be asleep for our first round pick. But I will definitely have the first round on record and i'm staying up for the entire rest of the draft from round 2 onwards.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I hate the commish. I also think it's stupid having the draft on separate days.

7. gran54

gran54 Starter

Agreed, one round on the 1st night just isn't enough.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm sure there will be a running thread along with the chatroom going.

We'll start a new thread for each player the Titans take so we can link to various bios and discuss.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Gotta be sure to replenish my liquor/beer stash for Thursday night.

I've got a pretty good amount of Yuengling, Rolling Rock, and Bud Light Platinum, but I just finished off this handle of Evan. Gotta get another one.

I've never been this excited about a draft before... Probably because booby Fisher isn't our coach anymore.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

You sir, have a great taste in beer.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar