Nick Fairley vs. Marcel Dareus Vs. Marvin Austin

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Architect, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Oh I agree with you, this draft is weak. I hate Gabbert also, he's a big NO. As for S and LB, there is decent talent in the 2nd and 3rd round.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Despite having a damn good workout Austin has actually moved down on some boards. Taylor and Wilkerson have moved up ahead of him.

He is 310 lbs, one of the fastest Dts at the combine and he lifted 38 times. The rest of his workout was decent. He is a full sized guy who is explosive and strong.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Taylor is not worth a 1st rd pick. Maybe to a team that uses the 3-4 as a NT but he is not worth a 1st rd pick for us.

I understand your desire for a space eater but Dareus is 319 lbs and Austin is 310 and we can get him in rd 2. Both are bigger than the guys we got and can move.

This is a draft filled with stud, blue chip defensive linemen we can get at 8 like Watt, Bowers or one of the DTs. Taylor would be a step down from them.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I forgot to add that Austin had the best 10 yard split of any DT at the combine. 1.64.

Better than Fairley(1.72) or Dareus(1.68).

Austin in rd 2 seems like our best bet. Watt or Bowers in rd one if you want to really ungrade the D-line.

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

That would be a huge DL draft with possibly a QB with the 3rd rounder(Ponder,Dalton,etc). I would be A-Ok with this strategy, and I believe Munch coming from the trenches may also see the value of building the team from the O and Dlines.

6. Architect

Architect Pain Train

How would you guys feel if we made a move similar to Tampa Bay last year and take two hog DTs in the 1st and 2nd say Dareus/Fairley and Austin/Wilkerson with the intent of moving Jones to DE. TB made this mice and instantly their whole defense looked better and play off caliber. I personally wouldn't be opposed to it. LBs would instantly look better being able to roam freely and secondary would look better not having to cover as long

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I've been saying this all along, I'm ok with it. I don't think JJ is a good fit at DT, i think he'd be better at DE for us. as long as we have pigs up front, problem is we don't so he HAS to play DT.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I also like Jerrell Powe (6'2 340). I think he would be a great 3rd-4th round selection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar