Nick Fairley vs. Marcel Dareus Vs. Marvin Austin

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Architect, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Cheap shot artist isn't near vile enough to describe Fairley.

What he did to the Georgia QB was downright disgusting.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I'd rather trade down and take Phil Taylor in the mid-first to early twenties then take either Darius or Fairley at 8. The reason being is the fact that we need a big space eater that can collapse the pocket. Taylor would also be able to play NT or a giant 3-4 DE if we wanted to switch to the 3-4 defense sometime in the future (Think Haloti Ngata for the Ravens a giant NT/DE and dominated in both positions).

Plus we could get a extra second or third pick for this year or next year which we could then spend on a LB and S if we really wanted to improve our d. (A.K.A. Bruce Carter and McDaniel)

4. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I think Marvin Austins talent is very underrated. He has a very similar skill set to both of Fairley and Dareus strengths. He is explosive at the point of attach, strong base, and this big man can move. Other then selling some merchandise I really don't understand why he is said to have character issues

5. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

even with some of the red flag concerns, fairly isent going to drop to 8th I think everyone knows that ... so dareus would have to be the pick and im all for that even though I'd perfer them to go with Von Miller or Robert Quinn

6. 24

24 Starter

I don't think his talent is being questioned. Teams are worried about the year off. Is he in football shape? Not combine shape, but football shape. And, he did very poorly in interviews at the East-West Shrine game. Not sure how well he did at the combine.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

It's comments like that, they are the reason nobody respects what you say. I guess you forgot the play where he broke Colt Mcoy in half and put him out of the game?

Despite being banged up some last year he had 11 tackles for loss, 4.5 sacks, 10 hurries and 4 batted balls. He weighed 319 at the combine yet has above average speed and quickness. Excellent lower body strength.

Was a 3-4 end while Failrely was a 4-3 DT. Different role, different technique.

Probably did benefit in 2009 by having Cody at NT eating up blockers and did sneak up on some people. Still a very productive player in 2010 without Cody and with some injury issues.

What i like about Dareus is that he can be a solid down by down player who is strong against the run and can push the pocket but then he also has the explosiveness to make big plays. Game changing plays.

Comparisons to McCoy from last year are just dumb.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

He smoked the combine. Would be delighted to have him in the second round, dont know if he'll be there at 39.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

10. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

This is a good thread. I almost posted it myself. My question is would you rather have:

Round 1: QB Locker and
    Round 2: DT Austin

or

Round 1: DT Dareus/Fairley
    Round 2: QB Ponder/Dalton/Kaepernick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar