Nick Fairley vs. Marcel Dareus Vs. Marvin Austin

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Architect, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I think there is a good chance that if one of these two guys are available that we take them at #8. Which do you think is better 1) for our scheme (which has yet to be determined) and 2) is better overall.

Fairley is a Monster, but Dareus is heavier and I think we may need that. We already have enough light quick DTs. We need a baby stomping, grandmother kicking monster in the middle :grrhee: (no offense)! Our line can be upgraded overall with a new DE but I dont think that is the problem. Even when our DEs would get to the QB, the QB would just step up in the pocket.

Now the wide card is Marvin Austin which is a hybrid of the two. He can be had in the second round, is as heavy as Dareus, and as quick as Nick. BUT he has character issues. Doesnt matter how good you are if you arent on the field and on the sidelines. Also there is limited tape on Austin and he has been out of football for a year with a QUESTIONABLE MOTOR (Haynesworth Part 2)

2. 24

24 Starter

They're both good for our scheme, but considering that Rocker coached Fairley, I'll bet we choose him (if they're both available). I think the weight issue is being exaggerated. Fairley plays with enormous strength, and if he was playing like that at 290, then by all means stay at 290.

3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I'd rather take Fairley personally, Dereus kind of reminds me of McCoy last year, who was starts moving up the board, and gets close to overtaking Suh (In this case Fairley of course) When Fairley/Suh is the better prospect.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I see nothing at all in Dareus. I can't figure out why he's even hyped.

He had 1 good play in a big game that fell in his lap. That's it.

That's all he's done. Lumbered in to the endzone. Any fat guy with a sense of awareness could have done the same.

Fairley at least has talent and has proven what he's capable of. I think he's a headcase, but he's a damned good headcase. Much like Haynesworth. I hate the guy personally, but as a football player... hmm... not sure.

Fairley is 5x's the football player Dareus is though. Dareus shouldn't be a first rounder.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd obviously rather have Fairley, doubtful that he'll be on the board at #8.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Fairley, no question.

7. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

Yo Deuce. I think you might have missed a few games. Watch the Michigan State game at least.

Anyway, I do believe that Dareus had a disappointing junior season and is living off what he did as a sophomore. However, he's bigger, stronger, faster within 10 yards, has a better attitude and is more versatile than Fairley.

Fairley played better on the field though so you have a tough choice. However, go back and look at a lot of the plays Fairley made. He doesn't even get blocked! Maybe that's just a testament to how quickly he gets off the line.

Anyway, I say Dareus because it gives us more freedom as far as changing defenses.

8. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Nick Fairley is a cheap shot artist - Todd McShay

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

If he's an artist at it, that means he doesn't get caught, right?

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'd say Marvin Austin for me. He might be there at 40 for us, and Fairly has that same stupid temperament as Tony Brown, he'll get all kinds of penalties.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar