Nick Fairley at #8?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by chamgel2, Mar 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

He's worth the risk. I see him as Haynesworth 2.0 in just about every aspect.

Headcase? Check.
    Fat? Check.
    Lazy? Check.
    Ability to dominate? Check.
    Talented? Check.
    A crap human being? Check.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

:grrhee: :wink2: :yes:
  3. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood On Twitter @2ToneBlueBlood

If you think back, the last time we had a chance to go to the Superbowl was 2008 and we were 13-3. We had constant pressure on the QB provided by Haynesworth. The year after Haynesworth was gone we started 0-6, KVB wasn't the same and the secondary got exposed. Pressure up the middle by a dominant DT who can collapse the pocket can not be understated. It makes the whole defense better. And personally I like it that Fairley is a little rough around the edges. We need some mean guys who would rather step on your face as to look at you.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

If he can play QB then okay lets get him at 8.
  5. pettso

pettso Starter

I agree 100%.

The most important position(s) after the QB is the defensive line. They're the first line of defense against the run and they're responsible for disturbing their passing game. A good defensive line can cover up a lot of weaknesses in the secondary. Haynesworth is a perfect example of this. With him, we had three pro bowlers in our secondary, without him we were one of the worst teams against the pass. Sure, there were other reasons for our struggles, but that is definitely the main one.

That's the main reason why I would have given up a 3rd rounder to get Haynesworth last year and I would not be disappointed if we pick a DT over a QB in the first round.
  6. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Starter

Perfect, let's take Albert Haynesworth version 2.0 at 8, what are you guys smokin'? One year wonder with a soft body and questionable motivation, just fantastic.
  7. 24

24 Starter

And, just like that, he's back in the conversation for #2. I said it before, stick to the film, don't flow with the pre-draft hype.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/25159/how-big-pro-day-affects-afc-west
  8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Forget the guy's name on the NFL Network but he said Fairley's Pro Day was as impressive as he's seen since covering them. Apparently, Fairley moves like a 255 lb DE in the body of a 295 DT.
  9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I couldn't pass.
  10. 757Titan

757Titan We had zero pro bowlers

watch the film, like how he dominated in the champ game. guy is a stud. i like his mean streak
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.