Nice article on Thompson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

With the addition of thornton our safeties won't have to play as much time at the line of scrimmage this year, even though there will be instances where you will see either play close to it. Hope has very good range and speed so that makes our pass D that much better thankfully. Even though you'll see only a few new players on D this year, it will be a completely different look, this defense will be very good.

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

That is also dependant on KVB performing to about the same level he did last season/not getting injured which is not a given.

3. Whenever I saw the Titans play last year, whenever there was a TD happening, I would see Lamont running behind the player, always running behind, and never really doing anything!

4. Blazing Arrow

I seem to recall several TDs going through, over or around Tank Williams.

5. Apparently they aren't going to differentiate the 2 positions quite like they used to. They reportedly are going to have 2 interchangeable safeties, one on the right and one on the left. This was per a Fisher comment.

The same will also hold true of the OLB spots since Bulluck and Thornton are so similar.

6. titanfan53

titanfan53 put me in coach

yea i think the loss of the dreads will make him a bit lighter on his feet, lol

7. 10 pounds lighter......................

8. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

exactly....

9. bob45x32

bob45x32 Starter

Didnt he come in to camp or whatever last year at around 230+ almost as big as bulluck? he better be good this year cuz i really dont like him

10. Blazing Arrow

I'll be the loan person to support Lamont. I was in another post lol.

I think to blame a FS for our troubles when we are running two rookie CBs and carrying the dead weight of Tank Williams is allot to put on one guy. He did an OK job. He will take a whopping 300K of our salary cap this season and with a little more experience around him he should not be picking up rookie mistake and falling back on the guys who have already burned or CB in the first place.

Face it guys/gals our Defense was terrible last season and it was a team effort.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar