NHL Concussion Lawsuit

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Finnegan2win, Nov 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That is different actually.

2. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I really don't see any difference. Both instances involve getting hit, voluntarily, for entertainment purposes. The manner in which people are getting hit is irrelevant. Both instances, the participants know ahead of time the risks and what is involved. What's the difference?

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Lawsuits are BOGUS. It's like getting paid to smoke 3 packs a day, knowing the risks, then deciding to sue when you get cancer.

But like the Hammer said...

NHL: you can eliminate some of the hard hits and still have a game. Most European leagues are more finesse and not as hard hitting/brawling, and still play great entertaining hockey.Of course, pucks to the head will occasionally happen, but that is moderately rare.

NFL: No hits- no sport. Football is hitting. Each play ends with someone being hit to the ground, except for touchdowns. If you eliminate hard hits.. you eliminate the sport.

That's why Football as we know it seems to be on the way out, and hockey will still thrive in its markets.

I am glad that I got to play football when it was still a sport to behold. It's less fun to watch now, and I'm sure it's less fun to play when you have to tiptoe every single play as a defender.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Football and hockey are games, MMA is not a game, its a fight.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Are the fighting sports unionized? Might have something to do with it too.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I doubt there's a fighters union. Former and current fighters' brains are too jarred to put together a sentence, much less to form a cohesive group.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Nope. None of them.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

To me, it's like suing car dealerships or the government (road crew) for being injured in a car accident.

... you know the risks. Is it worth it or not? If not- walk. Don't participate. Not hard.

People will always want easy money though. That's all these are about.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

Aww.. in a world where you had to choose between hockey and pretty selfies, JC chose pretty selfies :thankyou:

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

NFL players didn't know what they were getting into regarding concussions. Doctors didn't take them seriously until about 5 years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar