Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

NHL Concussion Lawsuit

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Finnegan2win, Nov 26, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Casey
    Moolah:
    $217,634
    That is different actually.
  2. Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,500
    I really don't see any difference. Both instances involve getting hit, voluntarily, for entertainment purposes. The manner in which people are getting hit is irrelevant. Both instances, the participants know ahead of time the risks and what is involved. What's the difference?
  3. nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Reynaud
    Moolah:
    $23,061
    Lawsuits are BOGUS. It's like getting paid to smoke 3 packs a day, knowing the risks, then deciding to sue when you get cancer.

But like the Hammer said...

NHL: you can eliminate some of the hard hits and still have a game. Most European leagues are more finesse and not as hard hitting/brawling, and still play great entertaining hockey.Of course, pucks to the head will occasionally happen, but that is moderately rare.

NFL: No hits- no sport. Football is hitting. Each play ends with someone being hit to the ground, except for touchdowns. If you eliminate hard hits.. you eliminate the sport.

That's why Football as we know it seems to be on the way out, and hockey will still thrive in its markets.

I am glad that I got to play football when it was still a sport to behold. It's less fun to watch now, and I'm sure it's less fun to play when you have to tiptoe every single play as a defender.
    Titans Eternal high fives this.
  4. JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Casey
    Moolah:
    $217,634
    Football and hockey are games, MMA is not a game, its a fight.
  5. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,529
    Are the fighting sports unionized? Might have something to do with it too.
  6. nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Reynaud
    Moolah:
    $23,061
    I doubt there's a fighters union. Former and current fighters' brains are too jarred to put together a sentence, much less to form a cohesive group.
  7. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,900
    Nope. None of them.
  8. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $16,030
    To me, it's like suing car dealerships or the government (road crew) for being injured in a car accident.

... you know the risks. Is it worth it or not? If not- walk. Don't participate. Not hard.

People will always want easy money though. That's all these are about.
    Titans Eternal high fives this.
  9. RazorbackTitans Starter

Washington
    Moolah:
    $1,972

Aww.. in a world where you had to choose between hockey and pretty selfies, JC chose pretty selfies :thankyou:
  10. steverife Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,931
    NFL players didn't know what they were getting into regarding concussions. Doctors didn't take them seriously until about 5 years ago.