NFL vs NCAA Football

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Apr 10, 2013.

?
  1. NFL

33 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. NCAA

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  3. I enjoy both equally

8 vote(s)
    18.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I transferred to UT. I've never had that one school I feel attached to, and at this point I never will. I don't like Knoxville whatsoever. Nashville is my home.

I definitely pay a lot more attention to them and watch most of their games now. In the past, I NEVER watched them. I mean, I did. Just very rarely. Last time I truly remember watching a game was when I was like 10 or 11. It was the SEC Championship against Florida when Spurrier was still coaching them.

As far as I'm concerned, Vandy is still "my" college team... which would be considered a sin to the UT faithful.

I'm getting too old for college and at this point, 100% of my focus is on school work and studying. That's all I do. Just ready to be done.

I feel like everyone I have class with is an immature child who I have no respect for. I don't think I was ever like that... maybe in 7th and 8th grade.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

It's not strategic fouling it's called good hard defense. The NBA is such a joke now you can't breathe on a player or be in the same building of a superstar without getting a foul called. It's not bad offense its good defense. The NBA is basketball on steroids its all about how many hundreds of points you can get in every game and filling up a box score nicely. NBA features the No Defense and I'd rather have the Zone Defense than that. Also, you don't get the 12th man/walk on playing his butt off in the NBA, you get a bunch of millionaire egos who couldn't give 2 sh!ts about winning or losing as long as their check is in the mail.

Then you've got 2 or 3 teams in the NBA with a legit shot at the title, so basically everyone else is wasting their time either watching or working for teams like Milwaukee, Utah, Memphis, Golden State, Atlanta, etc...And it's even worse this year because really only 1 team has a shot at the title and its the Heat. Wrap it up, call the season, save you're lunch money.

NCAA gives you such a better product, anyone can beat anyone. It's more of a COACHES GAME where in the NBA coaches are just mascots in suits with no strategy involved. There's also more rivalries in college and always will be. I can't think of one living rivalry in the NBA right now, maybe Knicks-Heat? And they've got nothing to base that on. And don't even get me started on playoff systems. NBA weeds out any type of Cinderella ever happening with a 7 game series, NCAA gives you the FGCU's and Witchita St's which is what sports are about.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

1896 to 1902. I know it wasn't the beginning but it was still early and I saw some amazing teams. I think that six and two 1902 team could compete with any team in NCAA History!

7th year senior FTW

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. XO

XO Nevada Native

Sewanee was dominant back then. Hated those guys.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I get much more excited for NCAA. Sorry, the NFL and Titans can't even begin to compare to the History and vibe that Michigan has.

BUT... due to the BCS and the way the "championship" works out, it's pure rubbish on the grand scale. And until they have a playoffs system, I much prefer the way the NFL is organized.

I think the NCAA is more competitive. The NFL is like any other pro sport- many players take plays, and even games off- knowing they're getting paid regardless.

6. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Noticed that here in Memphis too.Also notice lots of Cowboys & Steelers fans as well.

7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

It isn't. Bumping with your chest is a foul. Driving into the ballhandler with your shoulder is a foul. No one wants to see a game with 60 fouls, so everyone knows that the refs are only going to call the most extreme examples. Coaches teach their players to foul. In the semi-final game, Michigan called its last 2 timeouts trying to inbound the ball. Carter-Williams and Triche had Burke and Hardaway in a bear hug. They couldn't even get free enough to flail their arms around and beg for a foul.

...and to make matters worse, the officials are inconsistent. In the Lousiville/Wichita State game, they called a tight game, until the 12 minute left tv timeout. Then they shopped calling anything. Same thing with Michigan/Syracuse, but they called everything the last 2 minutes.

The games are absolutely competitive and their is absolutely parity in college basketball, but there is a difference between good and competitive. Too many teams have sub 20 point halves, shoot 20 something percent for the game, etc. I'd rather be attacked by a bear than watching Syracuse Marquette again.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Oh man I hate CFL lovers. Whenever I come across one I tell them all you need to know about the CFL is this one quote: "Oh look, here comes the punter again."

9. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Have you ever done Fantasy Football??? Totally creates a reason to watch any game. I was not much different than you before I started doing Fantasy. Now I can watch the Jags play the Rams on Monday night and care. lol

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

idk what to tell you. Basketball is a contact sport, NBA's glory days were the days of the bad boys (Pistons), the Knicks with Isaiah Thomas, and the Bulls had Jordan. You earned every bucket back then. Now it's like whoever can make/draw their free throws wins the majority. That's why I really like watching the Playoffs, it used to be called like that every game but Stern is juicing the league and trying to light up scoreboards.

Officials are inconsistent in every sport, it's in human nature.

Honestly I could care less about the talent level. The NCAA is still filled with some elite athletes and some of the best basketball players in the world. Yeah its not all NBA talent, but these are still amazing players who worked hard to get where they are.

I'd rather watch any run of the mill NCAA Hoops game during the regular season where EVERY game matters. Where I'm guaranteed to see every star on the floor as long as they can walk, and where I'm guaranteed to see both teams going 100% for 40 full minutes with an atmosphere (packed arena, 1000s of crazy college kids) that the NBA very rarely duplicates.

The NBA is watered down with 82 games, on any given night you might see the spurs minus Manu, Parker, and Duncan vs the heat minus Wade and Lebron because the coaches are resting their players. Who wants to watch that? You also get 75% of NBA games with half empty arenas and noise generators. It's pathetic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar