NFL vs NCAA Football

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Apr 10, 2013.

?
  1. NFL

33 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. NCAA

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  3. I enjoy both equally

8 vote(s)
    18.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

For me NFL is #1 by far. I'm a lifelong Nebraska Cornhuskers fan but I just haven't been able to keep up with college ball as much as I used to as a teen. College ball just isn't as exciting to me as it once was. I still love football of all kinds and enjoy a good game every now and again.

It's all about the Titans for me.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I've worked with a guy who hates America and loves Canada.

He says the CFL is "hands down" better than the NFL. When he said that I burst out in uncontrollable laughter in his face and did not stop for a long time. And every time I saw him after that I just laughed.

His reasoning... "There are only 3 downs and Pacman Jones played in the CFL."

I love illogical people.

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I find college basketball unwatchable because of the strategic fouling that happens every possession because the refs won't call it, zone defenses, and generally bad offense.

4. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

It's a southern thing for sure, but given that the best conference in the country is in the south, it makes sense. North Central area has some pretty rabid college fans but most of the north is NFL from my experience.

I enjoy both but would watch two of the worse NFL teams before I'd watch two of the best college. Who's gonna watch the egg bowl this thanksgiving when there are 3 NFL games?

5. XO

XO Nevada Native

Is it just me or do many hardcore college fans (Vols in my experience) have absolute disdain for the NFL?

I ran into this a lot when I lived in Knoxville and some in Birmingham, Auburn and Tuscaloosa.

That said, Knoxville has the worst NFL fans in the country and most people there ignore the Titans. I don't miss Sundays in Knoxville.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I've been in Knoxville for most of my life.

There really aren't many vocal Titans fans, however, back in the day, the local channel decided to show Colts vs. Jets (Peyton versus Pennington) and there was outrage that the Titans weren't televised.

Most of the vocal fans are Peyton fans or fans of whoever they like when they were a kid.

7. RavensShallBurn

Exactly why I started the thread. No one at UT likes the NFL. Guarantee I'm the biggest NFL fan in that whole school. Even if my major classes (Sport Management) everyone creams their pants for college football and hates the NFL.

8. RavensShallBurn

You see so much Colts and Broncos gear. It's absurd.

Started seeing douche Ravens stuff after they won it all too.

9. XO

XO Nevada Native

I hated Volts (Colts+Vols) in Knoxville.

The worst fans ever. There were many a shouting match in bars on Sundays with me and the Titans were pretty average at that time while the Colts were flying high.

It wasn't fun.

I've always thought there was maybe a jealousy about the whole thing. Nashville got the Titans and maybe stole some of the spotlight away from the Vols.

I used to hear **** like "Why are they the TENNESSEE Titans? They aren't our team. They are the Nashville Titans!"

Oh **** right off. So stupid.

10. God'stitan

God'stitan Camp Fodder

I went to UT for a while, and I was 1 of the vocal titans fans.. you know, demanding it being on the TV at work and such, but you're right, most people there only care about college, even if their team blows at the time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar