NFL Trade Bait

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Isn't that more of a reason to not continue to gamble in the draft, but acquire someone proven at the NFL level?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

This isn't true at all. It may be easy for vets like Chambers to learn new routes, but it's very hard for young WRs to learn the nuances of the position (reading coverage, getting separation, etc.). That's why it's generally accepted that WRs shouldn't be expected to contribute much until their 3rd year in the league.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Exactly. I was talking about veteran wide receivers not rookie receivers.

I'm not sure what we've done with our drafting of wide receivers can be considered gambling because we usually just take them in the 4th round. But either way, I would love a proven receiver on this team. But if not, then maybe we should actually try to take a gamble on the 1st round receiver.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

TJ Whosyomama, I like that idea. Not necessarily turned off by his age....we could still us an old man like Derrick Mason. If the ability is still obviously there, old players aren't always so scary. I'm no Cincy expert though, so I don't follow him.

I think one of his main attributes is great hands, right? Seems like a good commodity for a team that won't throw much and may not rotate WR's much (Dinger's way).

Oh and Odom, yeah I'd say complementary player is spot on for what he displayed during his time here.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

because guys are athletically superior to their opponents in college rather than in the nfl. very rarely do you see someone who can just flat out-run every one else to the endzone(randy moss)

6. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

It was a jab at our recievers, though BJ is flashing his ability once again......you are right, Earl is not proven, he came from a crappy Vanderbilt team, totaled at least 75 receptions in three different years, leads the all-time SEC record for career receptions with 236, known for superior route-running, etc. but hey, all our recievers are known for getting open and making catches.........good call

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Just heard Peter King say the Lions are driving a very hard deal for Roy Williams so doubt he gets traded. Makes sense though if your Detroit. He'll probably be gone after this year, your team has no wins so getting draft picks to help rebuild is a bad idea, and you might as well get nothing for him because at least he can help Detroit for the rest of the year.

Whoever the GM is now is doing a fantastic job, he clearly knows how to win.

8. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

WTF? Is that a typo? I hope so, because it makes no sense.

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

:sarcasm:

10. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Ah. That's what happens when I skim posts at 11:30 at night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar