Rumor NFL To Lighten Up on Marijuana Use

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, May 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Go look at how the league has treated Brandon Browner! Two of his positive test one was before he was in the league and his second was because he did not show up for the test. The reason was he was not in the nfl he was playing in canada! 2 of his 3 were before or when he was not on a roster

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

In all honesty they should get rid of the test for pot altogether. If a team has concerns about a particular player, they can handle it themselves.

I wonder what the percentage of pro athletes that have smoked marijuana at some point is... 90%?

As long as they aren't smoking on a regular basis it shouldn't have an effect on them.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. 615nick

615nick Starter

Imo, if you can smoke pot and still play/perform at a high level at your job you should be able to. It should be a team/workplace policy not a federal one. To each his own. I know people that can smoke weed and do an even better job, even while high (low % tho) and I know peoole who arent worth shooting once high.

4. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 5
  5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

at least upon first hiring on

Since being a civilian I have been paid to piss exactly 4 times. 3 as a newhire for a real job with benefits and such and once as a newhire just for a job I was doing for money (overnight convience store clerk - which sucked but kept days available for looking for a real job)

1 real job I didnt even need to pee as a new hire.

not once have I had to pee after hiring on - except in the military. Every leave I would be 'randomly' selected to pee.

6. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

The place I got an internship with, started the interview with "Should we require a follow up interview, you will be drug tested" With everyone who applied. Never actually did one.

That job sucked so much *** they probably would have tons of positive results if they tested as the employee left....

7. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

The small town where I live, basically EVERYONE requires a drug screen before hiring you. And any job worth a **** has random screens.

8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

It is also against federal law...which (with a real President and Attorney General) always trumps state or local laws.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

IMO, no. They should treat it like alcohol. If you are high at work, you are fired. It is ok to drink on your time off, it should never coincide with work. If you want to get lit up on your weekend, then that's your prerogative, IMO.

People should not be doing anything at work, under the influence of anything. There are tons of people out there, operating vehicles and heavy machinery, while all screwed up on legal prescription drugs. That's the real concern to me.

Drug testing ruins some careless peoples' lives, and it saves a lot of lives.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Im in favor of drug screening

I would love to see it mandatory for employment - LOL

not really but man the Hollywood libtards would implode!

And yes people high as can be on legal meds is huge. Most of the time their doctors have them so over medicated they have no clue what not being under the influence is like.

I exgerate to make a point there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar