NFL to have no salary cap after 2009?!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KingTitan25, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Meh. He's bluffing. Upshaw has no spine.

2. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I think both sides know how bad that would be so I think they'll find a way to avoid it.

3. I'll believe it when I see it. The players could have let the salary cap expire the last time and were smart enough no to. It's just talk...

4. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

i hope it is, the league is perfect the way it is.

5. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

6. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

i smell BS... a bunch of it.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

NFL:
    The Good:
    1) I like the franchise tag concept. It really seems to work for the NFL. There are so few big stars that the NFL needs those stars to remain where they are. And they do. It has been a great help.

The Bad
    1) No Trades. Ever. They need to work on this.
    2) Players can get stuck, and so they pull draft day power plays when needed

NBA
    The Good
    1) Pretty good distribution of talent because of the cap. Every team seems to have either a lot of good players, or one or two stars, but never more. It gives everyone a chance.
    2) The Bird Rule has made it possible to pay gazoos of money to the top stars and yet force the team to sacrifice a bit with the cap. This really works. It give the good players a choice, and let's a team pay them.
    4) The Rookie Salary cap has been a god send. No more greed.

The bad:
    1) The trade barriers are really tight. It is not impossible to make a trade, but if you want Jason Kidd, forget it.

MLB
    The Good
    1) Players can play where they want to play
    2) Tons of trades and movement, exciting trade deadlines.

The bad
    1) Teams with money rule
    2) Teams without money cannot hold their stars ( see Minnesota and KC )

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I disagree .... there needs to be a revision on the rookie contracts

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

There aren't too many teams in the NFL that would be more negatively affected by the abolishment of the salary cap than the Titans. Nashville isn't exactly a huge market.

The best thing about the NFL is the cap. There's no way they can let it slip away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar