NFL seen unlikely to immediately reinstate Pacman

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

A Tennessee judge dismissed misdemeanor charges against suspended Titans player Adam "Pacman" Jones on Thursday, agreeing with the prosecutor that Jones has been punished enough over the past year. ...more

[​IMG]

2. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Titans Discuss Pacman's Future

SUMMARY: The future of Pacman Jones was discussed yesterday in a meeting between representatives for the suspended CB and Titans officials. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has said he won't review reinstating Jones until after the Pro Bowl on Feb. 10. The Titans won't comment on their options with Jones (trade, release or keep) until he is reinstated. "Really nothing is happening until he gets reinstated and we don't know when that will be," Jones' attorney said. Though Jones had his disorderly conduct and intoxication charges dropped in Murfreesboro yesterday, a Georgia case from 2006 involving a felony obstruction of justice charge has yet to be resolved. His attorney said he expects it to be resolved in the next month.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Appears the league may wait until March to decide when the Georgia felony obstruction case is on the docket. Not really a surprise.

4. 32Tyler10

32Tyler10 Camp Fodder

ESPN reported last night that the Titans plan on trading Pac-Man once he is reinstated.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

And the Tennessean said it was bunk.

A thread on this is already going in the rumor mill.

6. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Can someone inform me as to why Pac needs to be reinstated? It was my understanding that he was suspended for one season, meaning he would be able to play after that suspension was up. Is there some wording in the suspension that I didn't realize?

7. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

8. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Thanks, I must have missed this part earlier:

9. bgtitanfan

bgtitanfan Guest

man im going to be so pissed if the titans trade him or release him. so what if he had legal problems doesnt everyone do around in the nfl, sooner or later they'll get in trouble. It would be the dummest thing to trade pacman, he is the best thing we have got since 2000, remember the season when he bloosed that was just a example of what he can do. Besides he is our best CB, and dont give me that bs that he has to earn his way to the top, pacman is way better then finnegan or harper, the other guys we have as CB are no names we wouln't even get a 4 round pick for them. Our CB line up should be like this 1. pacman 2. finnegan and 3. harper. harper is old and slow, and finnegan is going to be good, so we need one more guy that has speed and its tough that man is pacman. Besides pacman has not been conficted of anything and yall stay here and say that he is a thug, low life, and what not, the truth is that...if we want to move on in the playoffs we will need pacman jones, and thats it.

10. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

I get the gist of what you are saying but what do you mean by bloosed? Just wondering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar