NFL QB rating after week 2

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Sep 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

VY was throwing for 310 yards per game? Must've missed that.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Doesn't really matter. Where will Hasselbeck be at midseason? Who knows. He's playing well now just as VY was then.

I was just answering the question.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

VY could never dream of going 30/42 for 358 yards against the Ravens. Just sayin'.

4. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

QB ratings aside, Matt probably gave us the most effective performance at his position since McNair. In just his 2nd game.

He controlled the game with his quick, accurate passes. Kept the chains moving on a day when CJ averaged 2 yards a carry. We ran out the clock at the end of the game with clutch 3rd down completions. Threw 42 times without a single sack.

Against the Ravens no less.

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Agreed. He was consistent, accurate and make good decisions. If our offense can keep producing at a high level we might have a shot at beating a lot of the other AFC teams. I think our defense might be pretty good with a healthy D-Line and Verner, Finny, McCourty, Griffin and Babs in the backfield.

You could see the offense start to pull it together late in the last game but we were too far behind and weren't in sync. We've got receivers who can get open. We'll be fine as long as Hasselbeck keeps making the right reads.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This team is only half as good as they can be right now, can't wait to see what Hasselbeck is able to do when C.J. wakes up.

• High Five High Five x 5
  7. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

The whole team played well yesterday. Besides too many missed tackles on the long TD run, it was the best and most coherent I had seen them.

There is room for improvement and I hope to see them do great things. All this positive reading makes it hard for me to not get amped over one win. But, I am not going to worry about it, just bask in the awesomeness.

Next up is the broncos and anythings possible in the NFL, but I like our chances come Sunday.

8. Tight Uns

Tight Uns I'm a girl, dude

Luke McCown is the worst. Doesn't that suck? Ugh

Wish we had a do-over of the first 3 quarters of last game.

9. Oceanic815

Oceanic815 Starter

QB ratings don't mean ish when you're throwing for 12 yards a game..

10. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

You can only gain so many yards only throwing twenty times a game. Don't like the old qb rating system? Cool, cause he was still top 5 in dvoa from football outsiders and top 5 in the total qbr from espn.

There is more to just throwing for a bunch of yards to be a great quarterback. You have to be very efficient and he was just that.....even in unfavorable situations.

Anytime he was allowed to throw, he produced the fantasy numbers people seem to want now.

I don't have a man crush on VY. It's just annoying that people use baseless stats to devalue the guy. He was becoming a great quarterback for us and it's obvious he was putting in the work.

Bash him for injuries and do homework on quarterback stats before you blurt out nonsense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar