NFL Power Rankings: Pre-Training Camp Edition

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Don Denkinger’s pre-training camp NFL power rankings. From the final week of the preseason through 17 weeks of the regular season, I will be ranking the teams each Wednesday. To begin, I project 10 out of the 12 2007 playoff teams to return to the playoffs, including all six from the AFC. I have broken my list into six tiers listing their strengths and weaknesses. I have also drawn out the course of the playoffs to the Super Bowl winner. I invite all to discuss my predictions in the forum.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Thats some great stuff. Only thing I can argue with is San Diego over the Pats and Giants.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Good read.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I don't think I would rank the teams much different. I do wonder if Green Bay's season last year was more of an abberation.

I disagree about Larry Johnson and Tony Gonzalez as well. I think the Chiefs will struggle because of the QB, but I really liked their draft to rebuild. They will probably be the bottom of the west, but I think LJ and Gonzalez still have fairly productive years.

I figure a couple teams will come out of nowhere this year and be pretty good. I think the Raiders could take advantage of a weaker than normal AFC West, at least they could beat the Chiefs and Broncos. The 49ers also could make strides with Martz in a O friendly NFC west. Not sure I really believe either of those scenarios, guess I just wouldn't see it as too shocking.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I don't see the packers being that strong unless Favre comes back, and I don't think that it's a given that he will. I also think that the 49ers could rebound a bit this season. The NFC West is one of the weakest divisions in the NFL, and has been for a while, it wouldn't be hard for them to make the playoffs (though I don't expect that).

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

larry johnson is done. i called it last year on one of the fantasy football threads. when a runningback hits 400+ carries in a single season, stick a fork in 'em.

terrell davis, jamal anderson, eddie george, ricky williams(382 carries then the next season had 392 with more than a full yard less per run) and larry johnson.

7. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Lots of hate on the Packers. They have a really good team, with their defense and their set of weapons on offense. If Rodgers can pull it together and resemble Favre, they will be a really good team. One thing that worries me, other than Rodgers, is the fact that Al Harris and Woodson are both aging.

Martz did not really help in Detroit, even though he had RW, Calvin Johnson, and Furrey. Gonzo should be OK, but LJ is done. The Raiders could surprise, but I don't like the fact that Al Davis is the owner and Kiffin is one step away from the unemployment line. Russell has weapons, but does he have the O line?

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

A lot of Jaguar fans would be pissed to see that. Most of them think Porter is the next Randy Moss, and many of them compare Garrard to the likes of Brady and Manning. :grrhee:

9. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

nice article.

not to be a nzai or anything... but how do you misspell "shockey" twice without thinking his name is actually "shockley"

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

how do you misspell nazi?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar