NFL Players should be paid more...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, May 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabomnim

Sabomnim Starter

the lowest paid NFL player makes in 1 year what the average american makes in like 6 years

2. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Or go find a job that pays more than 20K a year.

3. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

We need to be very careful when trying to correlate some society approved 'moral' profession with the salary associated with it. By that context, then all public servants would be the highest compensated and businessmen (since for whatever reason are viewed largely as immoral) would be the lowest. Imagine your life without a cell phone (or any telecommunication), oil, televisions, laptop/internet, etc that these 'overpaid' businessmen have brought you. And, the competition among them who have driven costs down to a level where even the poor have access to.

Let's also compare apples to apples.

Highest paid athletes AND the highest paid educators make millions. Athletes just below the very top level take a SIGNIFICANT drop-off in pay. Class A PRO baseball players make $20k a year. The NBDL players (NBA's minor league) which are in the 99.99th percentile of basketball players in the entire world earn at MOST $40k a year. However, educators at the 20th percentile and below still can earn $30k or more a year. Let's be honest, it doesn't take much to become a public school teacher, and with very limited hours, days off, huge vacation time can make a very generous amount of $ accordingly.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

It's always been my dream to be a 3rd string QB.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

and how many millions of dollars do individual players donate to charity each year, not to mention how much the NFL donates without the players.

pull your head out of your :grrr::grrr::grrr: for just a second every now and then.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

You must be a victim of the Teachers Union if that is your synopsis of my post.
    FWIW I am a veteran and I went to public school in Nashville.

You are stating that single teachers in Florida are dying unless they have roomates. That is just wrong
    http://www.teachersalaryinfo.com/average-teacher-salary-florida.html

yes we should all pity the poor college professors who put in a solid 40 weeks a year of work and have tenure and benefits ect.....

Can't remember an interaction - in Nashville - where a policeman has done anything except bother me. So what are they doing other than laying in wait to write some hard working person a ticket. They certainly aren't rounding up the hobos and putting them in jail. They haven't shut down prostitution on Jefferson Pike or Murfreesboro Road. I see them drive right past stranded motorists every day. Every rape/murder/theft/home invasion is an indictment of Metro Police. 1-2% of the population commit 90% of the violent crime. The Police know who this 1-2% are and instead of protecting the other 98% of the population the Police spend their time and energy stalking the 98% for $$$. There is no $$$ involved in locking up a criminal, but there is $$$ for writing a ticket to a guy with a job.

proved my point - the Police are NEVER there too protect you. You better be able too do that job yourself. The Police only show up when a toe tag is called for.

http://swz.salary.com/salarywizard/layouthtmls/swzl_compresult_national_LG12000003.html

again just plain wrong. Cops make even more than teachers and they both make more than the average citizen

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Cops are a bunch of control freaks and A-holes. GoT is right on. They harass the tax paying citizens....click it or ticket my ***, why not put the hooks on crack dealers and pimps you can ride by on Dickerson Pike on any given night?

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

How much more could go to charity if they just didnt pay players that much and instead gave it all to charity?

$100,000 a season is good enough for players imo. It's not like they work 40 hours a week for 52 weeks like normal people do. they play for 3 hours a week for 16 weeks in most cases. thats 48 hours of play time or 2 days a damn year!

Whats is Haynesworth contract for? 6 years? that would be 12 days of work for $100,000,000.

America does not have it's priorities straight that for sure.

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Only people i find that hates cops do so cause they break the law.

put your freaking seat belt on and you have nothing to worry about.
    I never have given or plan on giving a cop any reason to harass me.

Just obey the laws and stay out of trouble. not that hard to do.

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

That is true...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar