NFL OT Rules!?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rastamon, Sep 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jazzy Titan

Jazzy Titan yum yum eat em up

It's not really unfair. Both teams have 4 downs to score. if the 1st team cant do anything on 3 downs and has to kick the FG the 2nd team also gets those 3 downs and what coach is going to go for a TD instead of the tying FG and then it flips after the first overtime. The college Overtime is much more fair then the NFL, however i dont see the NFL changing anytime soon.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

You wanna know what's fair? NO MORE OT.

We'll do it soccer style from now on. We got ties. Every playoff scenario factors in ties anyways, F*** it.

Yeah, it's not fun to watch a game end in a tie, but it's fair. Instead of calling it a tie, we'll call the teams "co-winners" just to make sure it's extra fair for everybody.

After all, we don't want any feelings hurt here.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It was mentioned in another thread but I like the idea of taking the FG out of the mix.

For 60 minutes of the game, the goal is to score a TD. In OT, it's just to get a FG. That's messed up.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

I don't think a system is fair that doesn't give one team the opportunity even to get its hands on the ball based simply on the flip of a coin.

I'm not enamored with the college rule, but my sense of fairness tells me that if teams have played to a tie after 60 minutes, the right thing to do is give each team at least one possession.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar