NFL Network: Evidence Bush will not be picked #1 (From Bush camp)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Apr 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I don't think the Texans will take Mario, switching to a 4-3 they signed Anthony Weaver and Jason Babin to play on the other side. Considering that I'm thinking it's D'Brick or Bush if they can't trade down (which I'm betting they're almost desperate to do).

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I really think that if Bush is there for us, we take him.

3. y would we take d'brick, we need a qb much more than we need an offensive lineman, and d'brick isnt the best ot to come out in the past few years from what i hear

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If we don't, I may go Pacman on the town and end up on "America's Most Wanted".

5. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

The Texans GM was on the NFL Network's draft preview a few nights ago. They kept asking him why he would pass on the best player in years and he would try to defend Mario Williams. He even went as far to say that if Bush wasn't there, everyone would have Williams as the number 1 pick. It was kind of funny, because they really had him backed against the wall. They even asked him how he'd feel to be the guy that passed on Michael Jordan.

Personally, I'm hoping they pass on Reggie, and he falls to 3. Really, I prefer power football (aka Eddie George) but I could make an exception for Reggie. :)) We could then take our pick of Jacobs, Croyle, Whitehurst or Clemens in the second.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'll be on Australia's Most Wanted.

7. from what i understand croyle is suppossed to be pretty good

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Everyone 'knows' that Bush is the best player in the draft.

HOWEVER, some teams have Mario Williams as the best player in the draft.

Therefore, the Texans should act like they're interested even if they aren't. Everyone already knows they are interested in Bush. But if you're one of the teams that thinks Williams is the best player and you know they are negotiating with him, you'd have to at least CONSIDER trading up.

The Texans want a similar trade to the Ricky Williams deal....a ridiculous deal so they will use every trick in the book to draw interest and show their interest in the top players. Considering that no one has made them even a decent offer when it's assumed they'll take Bush, they may as well see if anyone comes a calling after seeing their interest in Williams who some compare to a young Reggie White.

Gut

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

In a heartbeat, but like I said... I think that GB will trade up with NO to get him if the Texans pass on him.

I would go crazy if we passed on Bush. I still think that DeAngelo is just a small notch below him though ! But hey, I go to Memphis so I might be biased and can't see it.

10. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Blocking is a much larger issue than qb I think. We might have went a long way towards fixing that with Mawae, but D'Brick is just dominating. We can always nab Omar Jacobs in the 2nd who has just as good of measurables as any qb in this draft and near the top in production as well...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar