NFL might tweak offensive holding, false start rules

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Flamehead, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flamehead

Flamehead Starter

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

"In the 256 games during the past regular season, there were 850 false-start calls. To cut that number, the committee is ready to recommend that minor flinches by wide receivers be ignored if they have no effect on the play."

we would have won the rams game had it not been for a ticky tack false start on ty.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

"The committee also wants to change the rule on hits by defenders below the knee on quarterbacks. McKay said defensive players will be told they must make an effort to avoid hitting QBs in the legs to avoid serious injuries, like the hit on Cincinnati's Carson Palmer against the Steelers in the playoffs."

i understand to need for player safety, but these rules are getting a little out of hand.

i guess it would depend on when if the qb still had the ball or had just released it. but if i had the chance to get a sack and the only way to to dive at the qb, and there is a chance of hitting him low, i'd do it.

5. maximus

maximus Starter

The Next rule the NFL will change is the tackling rule. Rumor has it that they want to go to a flag football league

6. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

For quarterbacks I believe the new rule reads, "when attempting to tackle a quarterback, the only legal way to achieve a sack without penalty is for the defensive player to place right hand behind quarterback's knees, left hand behind quarterback's neck and lift in a baby cradle position. From there, said defensive player must gently place quarterback on the ground. If defensive player has a towel, it should be used to cover quarterback as if to tuck him in for a nap."

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

That one actually makes sense. There's little difference in horsecollaring someone by the neckopening of the shoulderpad and the neckopening of his jersey.

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Look for Peyton Manning to start forcing the ball more.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Dungys proposal to make QB tackles illegal must be stuck in a subcomittee in pittsburgH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar