NFL may soon become the No contact Football League

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Actually, I am opposed to all nanny state laws. If you feel the need to have the state social engineer you and everyone else to be what the elites consider a more sophisticated human being then good on you. I do not.

I also like to, sometimes, not take things to serious and have a little fun.

:stirpot:

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

\
    Okay, normally I'd ignore a reply like this, mostly because it doesn't interest me much, but you asked for an explanation, so here it is.

1/162 games holds little significance. IDC that baseballs division races come to within half a game, NFL divisions are just as close BTW.

My point is football is God and baseball is not, and one of the major reasons for that is because nobody is getting excited about 1 lone baseball game in June. In the middle of football season you are already in playoff mode or you're not. Baseball teams can suck for weeks and all of a sudden wake up and be another team.

Before the Titans existed the Braves consumed a good part of my time.

I played baseball most my life, I know the game.

And if you don't believe baseball has lost people, just try turning this into a MLB thread. goTitans topics veer off track all the time, see if anyone even cares to argue for baseball.

3. JCBRAVE

If you missed the point of all that, I don't hate baseball, but changing the NFL so that it has more scores is not going to make it better.

There's a lot of scoring in baseball, lots of games too, why isn't it more appealing to people?

The NFL has this idea that more is better, not true half the time.

The allure of football is it's exclusive, one play, one game, can change it all for you. Most baseball teams are missing winning their division by 3,4,5, 10 games, that could never happen in football. If youre 3-5 games behind, youve already lost in the NFL.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

well... that depends on the geography.

Nashville is not a baseball town.

Ask the question in St Louis, and you'd get a lot more talk about baseball than football.

5. JCBRAVE

I suppose that is true.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

But.. baseball is boring as hell to watch on TV. And I'm a hockey fan, but it's boring to watch on TV, too.

7. JCBRAVE

Partically because they draw everything out to make it drag on and on and on.

Dear NFL,
    More is not always better, see MLB/NBA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar