NFL in London?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't think it would fail if there were an established NFL team there, or basically the big leagues.

2. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Still better than any argument *for* putting a team in London.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I have no issue putting a team in another country, they just need to be in a time zone that will not screw everything up.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

That's the biggest thing. There home field advantage would be insane. They're relaxing and use to the time, and Team X flies for 10 hours to come play.... is that an unfair advantage? Not really sure. It would take forever for say the Titans to fly to London.

5. pettso

pettso Starter

It goes both ways. They have a huge home advantage for half their games and a huge disadvantage for the other half. If anything, it will probably break up their schedule more since they'll have to fly back & forth continuously throughout the year.

It just sucks every way you look at it.

6. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

its about a 12 hours flight from Nashville to London, but there are no airlines that fly it directly, so that is with a swap in New York , I am sure the Titans will charter a plane directly so they might be able to do it in 11 hours. 11 hours in a plane...and we are more or less an east coast team so for teams like the 9ers, Raiders, Seahawks 17/18 hours? That is simply ridiculous.

I see no problem with us placing a team in the 51st state (Canada) or in Mexico (if any player would want to play for a Mexico based team), but to place a team in Europe just seems to be a stretch, unless perhaps the NFL wants to by a 747 or A380 and have them converted to be a more hotel like experience for the sole purpose of flying teams to and from London... would the NFL drop $300,000,000 for an airplane like that? .... highly doubt it unless it means that much to the league.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

This is probably the biggest misconception surrounding the whole NFL London thing. The 80-odd thousand who go to the game at Wembley are not all from the UK. At least 1/3 and probably more like 1/2 are from all over Europe and fly in for that one game. Something they (myself included) wouldn't do on a regular basis if a franchise moved there.
    I actually met a member of NFL's international committee before the 2009 game and voiced this very concern, but already then it seemed they were very set on the ambition of expanding overseas.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It wouldn't screw things up, it would just makes things a little unfair.

It could work if they flew overnight and slept. Just keep west coast teams off their schedule.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar