NFL gives Titans 4 Prime Time games

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by psychotictitan, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

1st six weeks should show who will be our QB the rest of the season.

2. Lava

Lava Camp Fodder

Uh...we play the 2 teams from the Super Bowl, the Patriots who have Brady back, and the Chargers who were a second round team. What else would you consider a 'powerhouse'.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Question, is there a game in London this season and have they decided which teams will play there?

I keep worrying the Titans will be on the list soon enough. I really don't want to lose a home game.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Pats/Bucs (is the London Game)

5. GoTitans3801

No offense, but you'd be better off starting a thread to apologize for this post.

No real power houses? That was already addressed by another poster, but @Steelers, @Patriots are the definition of power houses. We may only play 5 playoff teams, but we play the Colts twice, and we play the Patriots, who were probably better than several playoff teams last season without their star player.

I'm amazed that you're mad that we aren't playing the Ravens. It's a predetermined formula, we've known that we weren't playing the Ravens for months already! The NFL isn't just picking who we play, it's a rotational schedule with two games determined by how well you finish in your division. If the Ravens had finished ahead of the Steelers, or if the Colts had been ahead of us, we would be playing the Ravens instead of the Steelers.

Pissed that we only get 4 nationally televised games? Get used to it! That's way more than we normally get. Teams like Dallas and NY will always get more publicity than we will. Also, Dallas built the most expensive stadium in the NFL, which the NFL likes, so it will reward them with significant coverage.

I wish I could agree with a single point in your post, but I really can't.

6. bgtitanfan

bgtitanfan Guest

Ok, and you really don't think that we were one of the best teams if not the best in the NFL last year? We beat the steelers last time we played them and trust we will beat them again. The colts arent what they used to be, we used to loose all of our games about 2-3 years ago but now the AFC crown is ours and will continue to be ours as long as we play like we did last year. If the patriots were so good they should have made the playoffs, sure Brady wasn't playing but a good franchise always finds way to win. For example the titans didnt have either KVB or big al vs the steelers and we still whopped their butts. Why? Because our D and O stepped up and made plays. And as a fan that lives in Tampa Bay florida that rarely sees Tennesse play on the TV yes I am upset that I only get to see them 4 times on my TV this year. I am really considering moving to Nashville just so I can be closer to them. Also I wasnt trying to make everybody agree with me, I was giving my sweet opinion on how I feel about the schedule.

7. bgtitanfan

bgtitanfan Guest

None of those teams you mentioned will beat us this season. I keep telling everybody this year is ours. I don't want to go to far ahead but buy ur SB tickets early.

8. Lava

Lava Camp Fodder

I didn't say anything about them beating us or not, I just wonder what you consider a powerhouse if not them?

9. bgtitanfan

bgtitanfan Guest

I understand. I think that patriots best years are behind them when they made there dynasty of winning 3 out 4 superbowls. I may be wrong.

10. GoTitans3801

This just makes your statement that "we aren't playing any powerhouses" sound pretty silly. It sounds like you think that we're the only powerhouse in the NFL, and I don't know if anyone told you, but the only time we can play ourselves is the bye week, and that one usually comes out even.

Also, the AFC crown isn't ours. We haven't won the AFC since 1999, and we were two games away from it last year. You may be very optimistic about this year, and that's great, but there's a long way to go before the season starts, much less before it's over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar