NFL Draft: Take Two - Rick Reilly

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titanbuoy, May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

06-07-08 Drafts revisted...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=6528474

Titans

(+/- scores are given for actual draft position versus Reilly's redraft position... VY drafted 3rd overall in 06 and 188th overall in Reilly's redo scores -115)

15. Cortland Finnegan (+215)
    118. Vince Young (-115)

14. Michael Griffin (+05)
    20. Leroy Harris (+95)

02. Chris Johnson (+22)
    17. Jason Jones (+37)

The Titans score of +244 ranked them 2nd overall

2. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

Putting Gaines Adams as "undrafted" was a total b**** move by Reilly. The guy was playing well before he died; and to knock a guy as a "bad pick" because of his freak death is just sick.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Mizzo

Mizzo World champion of America

y u so mad bro?

It says deceased, not undrafted. Plus, this is looking at things in hindsight, and chances are if you knew he was going to die in a couple years I doubt you would draft him.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Yeah, they did have enough class to put "deceased" and instead of a score, "N/A." Him failing to stay at #4 or wherever he was drafted has to do with his lack of production. They were gracious enough to not give him a negative score. They couldn't well omit him, being drafted in the first round.

Geez, does everyone remember how we wished we could have drafted Gaines Adams or Jamaal Anderson? I remember Washburn having him answer his interview questions in sign language.

5. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

He changed that then, because originally he did list Adams as "undrafted."

6. giddyup

giddyup Starter

The bump given to CJ seems insufficient.

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

He goes second overall, behind Matt Ryan. Looks about right to me.

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

While I appreciate what they're doing, I would prefer an account of which teams did the best in each year. What I mean is, without Finnegan in '06, we look pretty pedestrian in these rankings. So that was a great draft for us in '06, but why should '06 carry '07 and '08?

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

According to these rankings, we should have been well on the way to the Super Bowl last year. Good thing we can win in April, not so much in November, December, or January.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar