NFL DRAFT GAME!!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by NewHorizans, Mar 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

NFL DRAFT GAME:

Welcome to my NFL Draft Game I created a few years ago as a way to make watching the draft more exciting. We have fantasy football, and mock drafts, but why not a game with points awarded for guessing each teams correct pick. You can play it for just the 1st round or the entire draft. Its totally up to you. You can even play all by yourself as you watch. The way it works is with each round pick of the draft, you write down a player you think that team will draft. You get points based how correct your pick was starting with the correct player, if that’s wrong, then picking the position correct and if nothing else just picking if the team picked an offensive or defensive player.

Let me break it down.

Each person playing the game picks a player. The pick MUST be made prior to Roger Goodell announcing it at the podium OR prior to the player being shown talking on the phone. If you pick has not been written down completely or said aloud before it shows either of these happens on TV, then your pick doesn’t count. The points are awarded based on how quickly and how correct the pick was. Only one amount of points is award per pick. If the team makes a trade, a new pick is allowed but only if the trade was announced.

(Optional) 10 Points are awarded for the first person to make a pick and have the player name drafted correctly. Either you say it out loud that you have made your pick or you can put the name in a hat first. To prevent someone from getting this bonus if it takes the whole time for someone to make any pick, the pick must be given within the first 3 mins the team is on the clock. Also, in order to get the 10 points, you are not allowed to change your pick once you have announced it, so the extra bonus is truly a gamble if you are trying to gain points. Most of the time, people only guess with the early picks.

6 Points are awarded for picking the correct player drafted but you were not the first one to make the pick or didn’t get it in within the first 3 mins. Most of the time you want to wait to make the pick. And its hard to be the first one.

3 Points are awarded if you get the position correct, but not the right player. For example; you pick the Titans will draft Warwack with 10th pick, but they draft Cooper instead. Because they are both Guards, you get the 3 points for correct position.

1 Point is awarded if you get the correct offensive or defensive player correct. So if nothing else, if you say we are taking a Guard and we draft WR, then you at least get 1 point.

The person with the highest total at the end wins. In the past, my friends and I have done a $10 entry fee, winner take all. It might sound weird at first, but believe me, it’s a great way to make watching the draft a lot more fun. You can even do it for later rounds, but its almost impossible to get the exact player correct. If doing the 10 points is too confusing for you, its not required. We started doing it because we wanted to give some advantage to the guys that knew their stuff and could make the pick really quickly.

From there, its up to you if you want to add anything else. What do you guys think? It would be great if this could be applied to a website and a game engine could be created for everyone to do this online. Maybe I should pitch the idea to ESPN or Yahoo? For now, its all on paper. Last I played with a guy on the phone, and it worked pretty well.

2. NewHorizans

No feedback? Anyone have any questions or feel like trying it this year??

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It's only been posted for 45 minutes, takes twice that amount of time for Titan fans to read all that

we're Titan fans, not the brightest bunch, but we keep coming back for more

4. XO

XO Nevada Native

Draft Game

1. Offensive player selected - drink
    2. Defensive player selected - drink

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Count me in.

My draft games more fun:

Guess the correct player, chug a beer.
    Guess the incorrect player, do a shot.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. XO

XO Nevada Native

Every time Goodell butchers a name - drop shot in beer

Jets fans boo - shotgun a beer

Jaguars select a kicker in the first three rounds - drink everything

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I pretty much did this last year, I made it 13 picks and passed out.

It was that damn Morris Claiborne pick that started all the shots

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I was calling for kickers by pick 15, ran out of beer.

9. NewHorizans

Of course you can add any type of drinking game to the mix. But like Fantasy Football, its nice to have seperate scoring system in place in addition to alcohol. :toast:

10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

That game sounds fantastic. I wish my friends were as big football nerds as I am, they suck when it comes to meeting up for football stuff. Guess I'll spend the holiest of weekends with the Gotitans board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar