NFL Draft Countdown

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by DeutschTitan, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

i wouldnt mind one bit.

2. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

Scott has updated his mock today with the correct draft order. He currently has us taking Teddy Ginn at #15, which I love. I'm a regular at the NFLDC forum and Scott is pretty interactive, he answers alot of questions and is usually good with his assessments and mock drafts. It's starting to get around the time where he starts working on the individual player scouting reports, I think he has a couple right now. It's a pretty good place with some knowledgeable posters, but the forums is having technical problems today.

3. TWR#1

TWR#1 Guest

I was just thinking....

and if we did take Ginn in the 1st for sure then i would want the rest of our draft to look like this

round 2-BPA at CB-Fred Bennett CB,SC??Really good cover guy with great size and speed,really helped his self out by staying for his SR season.

round 3-BPA at DE-Anthony Spencer DE,Purdue??seems like a very good pass rusher,and i really think we need to get a starting DE in FA,someone like Adalius Thomas or Charles Grant.

Ted Ginn would bring wonder to this offense the more I think about it,and he could return KR's and we could let Wade go,and Ginn would be effective as our slot WR from day 1 untill he and Brandon Jones would be our starting WR's.Ted Ginn's speed is just scary,he is such a playmaker in that sense,and his speed leads me often of thinking about Steve Smith with better height.Think about reverses,trick passes,etc.I think Ginn could open up a new element to this offense,and would do wonders for VY passing,and LW and THen running.I could deffinately see Ginn on the highlight reels now!

either him or Nelson at that spot is who I'd take...

4. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

TWR#1, that's what I've been saying all along on the NFLDC forum. I like the new element Ginn can bring to our offense with the bubble screens, quick hitches and slants, fly routes, and end arounds. I've also been saying for a while that Nelson is my other choice. I have him as the #1 safety in the draft.

Btw, I don't see any way Anthony Spencer lasts to the 3rd round. I'd say he is a solid second rounder with an outside shot at going late first based on who's taken ahead of him.

I think we could add an Interior offensive lineman in either the 2nd or 3rd round and my guy is Ben Grubbs out of Auburn. I like him because unlike most OG's, he not just some fat slob mauler, he can actually move and is pretty athletic for his size. Not to mention he comes from a strong rushing system in Auburn and plays against top DL's in the SEC.

5. Pass Rush

Pass Rush Guest

Wait until January, when eastcoastsportsnews.com updates. That guy makes pretty good mocks.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If someone wants to spend a bunch of time on the draft this early it would be neat if someone went back to these mocks on these sites and broke down who was most accurate. I believe NFL Draft Countdown is one of the better ones. Still, it is way to early to be projecting draft slots for these guys ebfore the combine and workouts.

7. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

The Ginn selection makes sense in that, it fills a need and shows we're committed to plays that he'd most likely be used in, with the way we've used Pac on offense. However, his production and hands are of concern to me. He never broke the century mark in college and most of his highlights are on special teams. Is a KR/PR worth taking that high, when you've got an equivalent in Pacman? I don't know, but it seems we're going down that Calico/Woolfolk path again - all athlete, less substance.

8. Pass Rush

Pass Rush Guest

I agree. I feel we need a better pass catcher than Ginn, not to knock the guy but speed isn't everything, I'm not convinced he's worth taking in Rd 1. At this point I like Reggie Nelson but we don't really know whether we have a real talent on our hands already in Fuller or Lowry.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he's gone over 100 yards three times this year, but i do agree that he is more of an athlete than football player.

and while he had a big game statistically against michigan, he had FOUR drops.

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I don't think we pick WR unless Calvin Johnson magically falls to us at 15. At that spot I really don't see us using the pick on a receiver, the gap between mid 1st and later round WR's isn't that big, imo.

Alot of people have us picking Reggie Nelson and while I haven't seen him play, a S/CB certainly makes sense.

I also don't think we go DE unless we get a bonafide rush threat. Otherwise I think we're going to stick with the Laboy/Odom rotation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar