NFL Draft '09: Pick #206 - Dominique Edison, WR, Stephen F Austin

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: With the 206th selection of the 2009 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans have selected WR Dominique Edison from Stephen F Austin. Edison has been a consistent performer for the Lumberjacks since his freshman season, gaining more than 500 yards each of his first three seasons and scoring 10 times. But his productivity jumped into the stratosphere in 2008 (67 catches, 1,106 yards, 18 scores), as did his NFL draft stock. Unlike many small-school receiver prospects, this first-team All-Southland Conference selection has the size/speed combination to be more than just a complementary weapon. Had an arm span of 32 1/2 inches and a hand span of 8 1/2 inches at the combine.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

DIdnt we already try this from the guy from Middle Tennessee State?

3. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

And thus ends the Paul Williams & Chris Davis tenure!

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Not sure what to think about this pick. Was there really no one else on the board?

5. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

^ He had a good senior campaign. Nonetheless, I don't expect him to be with the team for more than a season or two. I don't see how any one is going to be able to break into the starting line up with Gage, Washington & Britt, with Hawkins looming around for some PT.

I just figure this guy is a short term replacement for Williams and Davis.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Edison had great workouts and was considered a 2nd day sleeper. He ran a 4.40 and 4.44 with the wind and 4.53 into it. 6'2 + 207. Great late round selection. Many thought he could be a third or fourth round pick if a team would take a chance on him.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Better chance to stick than filani or orr. Good speed and good production. Worth a try.

9. bgtitanfan

bgtitanfan Guest

Ten is just filling in holes. He might not even make it to the final roster.

10. jose7

jose7 Camp Fodder

Bottom-line: he's high-upside, which is what you should shoot for in the late rounds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar